JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Champaign is a university town with very few non-indoctrinated residents. I visited friends there often in my younger days and have family there now. The population is more liberal than most Midwest cities. Professors, gender studies graduates working at Starbucks, etc. Some San Francisco tech companies have opened offices there.

Not surprising that people would vote in a gun-grabbing Hillary type. Go outside the town and you are in flat farmland where many people own and carry.

That is within general emergency powers. It is a "may" situation. The authority has always been there. Has the mayor actually acted on it? Sounds like someone was speed reading and noted "firearms" and went on full alert.

That is within general emergency powers. It is a "may" situation. The authority has always been there. Has the mayor actually acted on it? Sounds like someone was speed reading and noted "firearms" and went on full alert.
Problem is, if you don't slap these people HARD at their first powergrab attempt and equally vigorously on every one that follows, you get cases like how the Patriot Act led to weaponizing FISA against a President and his appointees who the walking garbage that make up the Deep State disapprove of.

You know the saying about the camel's nose in the tent...

I thought stuff like that was illegal via the court case Bateman v Perdue.

Guess they didn't get the memo?
Sadly people in power can pretty much do anything they please as long as the voters will keep them in office. Sure it may not pass muster but, the rub is someone has to challenge them. Then someone has to pay for the lawyers. Then the first judge or two may not care and say it's fine. So someone has to keep paying. It all comes back to the people who vote. If they are not going to stop this kind of stuff good luck with the courts. It may or may not pan out and it will not be cheap.

Gun shops will get rich suing this broad for loss of business etc.
She has ZERO justification for shutting down gun sales. If she actually ever does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the Hurricane Katrina video sometime ago about seizing guns, and it was law enforcement not the national guard from what I could see. I clearly saw one raid it was looked like California Highway Patrol uniforms.

Nothing new.

While the media is inducing wide spread panic across the United States, all governments on both sides will be utilizing their new powers under "state of emergency" to enact all sorts of laws.

We won't even know what happened until the virus panic clears.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top