Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BREAKING: CA Senate Votes to Ban All Semi-Automatic Rifles With Detachable Magazines

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by erudne, May 29, 2013.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

BREAKING: CA Senate Votes to Ban All Semi-Automatic Rifles With Detachable Magazines

After Connecticut upped the anti ante, The Golden State Senate is doing its level best to reclaim its title as America’s number one slave state. To that end, “The California Senate on Wednesday approved a package of seven gun control bills, including background checks for people who buy ammunition, introduced in response to the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.” Well, the latimes.com would say that wouldn’t they? Not to mention burying the big kahuna in the tenth paragraph. “The Senate also approved a bill that would outlaw the sale, purchase and manufacture in California of semiautomatic rifles that can accept detachable magazines. SB 374 also would require those who own such weapons to register them with the state.” Welcome back my friends to the nightmare that never ends. More details in the morning.

2. new2coos

new2coos Coos County, Oregon Member

this bill would make a ruger 10/22 an assault weapon......and make a bolt action that is fed by a magazine non transferable.....being that all my family lives there i almost cried

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

4. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

Email your reps.and remind them that this kind of naziism will not be tolerated in Oregon.

5. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Even IF 3/4's of this fails in the legislature or over thrown in the courts CA is still screwed.

sadly the way CA goes many other states follow. Look at how many states now use the CA car emisions.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Agreed. CA was extreme to begin with. They'll just blame lax laws in neighboring states when their new laws fail to accomplish anything meaningful.

The US took CA's moronic laws regarding gas cans and applied them to everyone. Makes it a lot tougher to get new military jerry cans. Please try and convince me this isn't a pure nanny state move.

7. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

One solution here is simple education. As a gun owner, I try to be open and share the love of my hobby with everyone. Just the other day, I showed a picture of my new S&W 627 to a Fred Meyer clerk. She was like "I've never shot a gun before." So my girlfriend and I took her and another friend out to the woods and we shot cans. She taught us about botany stuff, we taught her about guns.

Us gun owners are typified as misanthropic & distrustful. We tend to be secretive, so many people assume we're a fringe minority. Not necessary. Share the hobby with new people.

Going back to Cali, I think a lot of respectable gun owners got scared and "clammed up" when the media presented guns as uncool. They hid their guns in a closet and didn't talk about it or introduce it to the next generation. Others complained on the internet or marched around, but didn't do anything to share what they loved.

Good news for Oregon is CHLs and responsible gun ownership is on the rise, and enjoys bipartisan support. In the past 6 months I've met five girls and one guy who want to get their CHL. Some liberals, one even an Obama '08 campaign manager. It's fun to feel people's views change, as I share my passion. To me, that's the key to maintaining our freedom.

8. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Looks like California, New York, and Connecticut are having a pissing match with people control. Another tragic incident and they'll be taking those pistols too.

tiggers97 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

We escaped commiefornia in 1991 after fighting against the first semi auto ban. If you have family there tell them to escape to what's left of the USA before the impending economic crash and Great Chimpout

LoneStar and (deleted member) like this.
  10. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

We escaped Kalifornia last Fall and the way Oregon is going almost makes me wish we'd gone to Idaho instead.

Oregon has too many big city libs and entitlement teat suckers that direct policy. That's why CA is so screwed up, the numbers favor the cities and their nanny government types.

11. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

+1.I always thought of Portland as the bastard child of San Fran and Seattle.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

i say we move to have california removed from the US. anyone know the process for getting a ballot started?

13. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Let's just grab the northern part of the state for the State of Jefferson and let the rest rot. I'm sure the NorCal folks will go for it. :thumbup:

14. spreck

spreck bellingham Member

NRA needs to step it up and discourage travel,vacations,general boycott. Unfortunately dollars and outright violence is the only thing that garners attention anymore.

15. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

It really would be a cool thing to see the State of Jefferson become a reality...Unfortunately, the goobers in charge would never let it happen. They wouldn't have enough control or the ability to push their agendas.

Sure would be neat though.

16. LoneStar

LoneStar WA Active Member

People need to fight back. Eventually there will be no more places to run to.

17. Blitzkrieg

Google the North West Front

18. Blitzkrieg

Never ask permission

19. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Idaho is still accepting residents.

20. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

I wouldn't fault Californians for sacking Sacramento.