JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maryland gun law concerns pushing Beretta to Tennessee

Beretta U.S.A. announced this afternoon that it is moving its manufacturing activities from Accokeek, Md., to a new production facility in Gallatin, Tenn., and the reason was bluntly explained in a press release from the company.

<broken link removed>

PLEASE READ THE EXAMINER COLUMN, CLICK THE 'LIKE' BUTTON AND LEAVE A COMMENT (especially if you're a Beretta owner!)

This is one of those cases where MONEY TALKS and it also WALKS....

^^^^+1 Yes indeed! Since I've had my Beretta 92 I've come to know what finely made, accurate and reliable little machines they are! And now this! Slap, antis! Wait till I tell my wife that I have to buy a new Beretta to support the nation we both love so much! LOL!!!

YOU ROCK, BERETTA!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I've been to Maryland, it's not the finest state I've visited. I really didn't feel very safe in Baltimore. Glad to see this move by Beretta. I hope all firearms manufacturers located in anti-gun states pack up and move. While I know it won't kill their economies, it does send a message nonetheless.

Just wish I had the extra $$ right now to go out and get a CX4 Storm to help support them - I've wanted one of those for a while now.

I've been to Maryland, it's not the finest state I've visited. I really didn't feel very safe in Baltimore. Glad to see this move by Beretta. I hope all firearms manufacturers located in anti-gun states pack up and move. While I know it won't kill their economies, it does send a message nonetheless.

Just wish I had the extra $$ right now to go out and get a CX4 Storm to help support them - I've wanted one of those for a while now.

I grew up in Maryland. I used to live in Baltimore. I agree with everything you said. Best thing I ever did in life was pack up everything I own and drive across the country. Every time I visit it simply reminds me of why I left.

Happy to see Beretta move their operation to Tennessee , a strong pro second amendment state deserving of The jobs and revenue it will create. I just wish I could get one of their CHLs..... Reciprocity is better than Utah's

But as long as headquarters is in Maryland they still receive taxes. They need to move all at once, so they feel it harder, not slowly reducing tax revenue .

While I don't disagree with your logic, remember things are easier said than done. I could just as easily tell you to quit your job and move to another state if something around here makes you angry. It ignores the reality of long term obligations, expenses, finding new jobs for your other working household members....all of that stuff. I think what Beretta did was significant for a couple of reasons, and Maryland just took one in the 'nads for being insanely politically correct.

In a different article I read yesterday they stated that headquarters will remain in Maryland, and not move to Tennessee.

Hopefully other non firearm friendly states will take note of Beretta, and Magpul (pulling out of Colorado), taking all those jobs with them.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads