JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So in all reality what could the fall out from these hearings be? What will be the senario's and how will they happen?

That's the million $$ question.
My best guess is that Issa and Grassley will push for reform, perhaps a complete restructuring of ATF, and most certainly they will want to hold the ATF top guns responsible..maybe job loss whatever. I doubt under this administration they will face prosecution for any crimes, but that is over the horizon. Right now, the public ought to be outraged that this occurred at all.

I know one thing for sure. This is going to stay public so long as I can keep digging. The public is going to be reminded that the Obama admin was blaming people like us for all the violence in Mexico when it was their own agency that was contributing to the flow of guns to Mexico.

WOW NPR did a story on this today. Granted with an odd slant that somehow sounded like the problem was that it's still to easy to buy guns in the US. Not so much that the Dumbarses in the ATF tried to play both sides against the other and it blew up in their faces. The quotes from the three Whistle blowers they used were quite good though and made out the upper management at ATF had run amock

Fast? No. Furious? Definitely. Grassley’s statement paves way for ATF overhaul

Iowa Senator Charles Grassley is widely known for his devotion to detail and holding government accountable, and his opening remarks at yesterday’s blockbuster hearing on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ Operation Fast and Furious reinforced his reputation, and perhaps laid the groundwork for an overhaul of the embattled agency.

<broken link removed>

Issa: ‘Administration should be ashamed’ of Fast and Furious

In a powerful late afternoon interview Thursday with NRA News, Congressman Darrell Issa said the Obama administration should be ashamed of how the Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives conducted, and then evaded answering for, a botched gun sting operation that has put thousands of guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartel criminals.

<broken link removed>

Mark Levin <broken link removed> about this during his show on Friday. It is worth listening to. Just go <broken link removed> and select Friday's show under "Audio Rewind".

As usual, he tells it like it is. :s0155:

And, you know..... Neither The Oregonian nor The Columbian has covered much if any of this! That is criminal.
The Oregonian had one story some months ago about the news coverage and nothing since. The Columbian has never covered ANY of it. I've written letters to the editor (none of which are published) and posted on The Columbians site but still no coverage.
My subscription to The Columbian is up for renewal and I really feel like I should forget it, but I also want to know what they are covering!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Issa: &#8216;Administration should be ashamed' of Fast and Furious

In a powerful late afternoon interview Thursday with NRA News, Congressman Darrell Issa said the Obama administration should be ashamed of how the Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives conducted, and then evaded answering for, a botched gun sting operation that has put thousands of guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartel criminals.

<broken link removed>
I don't think it was a "botched gun sting"!! I think they meant for guns to be found in Mexico that could be traced back to US dealers to back up their lies about 70% of guns coming from the US.

My subscription to The Columbian is up for renewal andI really feel like I should forget it, but I also want to know what they are covering!!

LOL.. Allow me to save you the money, they are/will cover all the "illegal" guns that are coming into Mexico from the U.S. and will/are advocate that we need more restricions through a comprehensive "assault rifle" ban, coupled with comprehensive immigration "reform" legislation.

There you have it!!

I tend to agree.

There's a lot of that going around. And the other side is trying to deflect the issue, as I write about here:

Administration apologists working ‘Fast and Furiously’ to counter revelations

Obama administration defenders and apologists, along with veteran anti-gunners, are working around the clock to deflect and perhaps derail public outrage over revelations from Congress on the Justice Department’s botched Operation Fast and Furious.

<broken link removed>

Speculation ramps up that ATF’s Melson is headed toward the door

CNN is now reporting, as did the Wall Street Journal and others last Friday that Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, will be resigning this week, possibly within the next 48 hours.

<broken link removed>

BREAKING: Grassley to get ‘F&F’ files for Senate votes; ATF fires whistleblower:s0155:

In an arrangement brokered by Sen. Patrick Leahy, key documents relating to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ Operation Fast and Furious are supposed to be handed over to Sen. Charles Grassley in exchange for today’s Senate votes on three key Justice Department nominations that Grassley had been blocking.

<broken link removed>

Dem report on gun running follows gun control agenda, has NW link

Democrat Congressman Elijah E. Cummings’ “minority report” on gunrunning and Operation Fast and Furious offers a set of “solutions” to issues raised by an on-going probe of the failed Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ sting operation that follow the gun control agenda, and it also contains a reference to a Washington gun maker, Olympic Arms.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads