Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BREAKING: 1st 'Gunrunner' hearing set June 13 in D.C.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The first of what could be several long-awaited congressional hearings on the controversial Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Project Gunrunner” and “Operation Fast and Furious” will be held next Monday, congressional sources have confirmed today.

BREAKING: 1st

chris61182 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

3. Dave Workman

According to my sources in D.C. there is no hard evidence that this was some sort of "gin up the numbers" conspiracy.

1st Gunrunner hearing to ‘lay the groundwork’ – witnesses identified

A list of three key witnesses in next Monday's initial Congressional hearing on Operation Fast and Furious has been obtained by this column.
    Described as the “first of several” Capitol Hill hearings on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious, Monday's session is designed to “lay the groundwork” for subsequent hearings, and the possible initiation of contempt proceedings, congressional sources have indicated to this column.

1st Gunrunner hearing to

4. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll have their paper shredders running 24/7 up until then.

5. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

I aprreciate all your attention to this Dave you have done great work, but I have to ask can ANYONE in D.C. really be trusted or believed? I have to say when I saw what cougar fan posted without even reading it I thought it made a lot of sense and I wouldn't put it past this administration.

6. Dave Workman

BREAKING: 2nd ‘Fast and Furious’ hearing set, Grassley, Dodson to testify!

The second in what promises to be a series of hearings on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ controversial Operation Fast and Furious has been announced for next Wednesday, June 15, and Sen. Charles Grassley will testify.

BREAKING: 2nd

7. ablaut

ablaut Salem(ish), OR Member

2 Fast, 2 Furious!

(sorry, I couldn't help it)

Just heard on Cam and Company that serial #'s recovered from cartel-members' guns were traced to a South/central American military arms shipment (Bolivia maybe?).

Add that to the already crowded column of "Not US Gun Stores' Fault".

8. Felt Lizard

Felt Lizard The great NW Member

How high might this climb? Over ATF? Over DOJ? Into the administration?

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Maybe all the way up to "Spookydude"... who knows at this time.

10. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Expect the typical liberal mantra, " deny all culpability, cause mass confusion, point fingers in all directions." They're all a bunch of "Weiners."...............:paranoid:

11. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

thanks much Dave....

Generator and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Dave Workman

BREAKING: 1st Gunrunner hearing offers no surprises

Monday’s opening session in what will likely become a series of hearings on Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform demonstrated that Chairman Darrell Issa is laying a strategy to hold people accountable for an operation that sent thousands of guns illegally to Mexico.

BREAKING: 1st Gunrunner hearing offers no surprises - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming. I always wondered if the 'parties' were allowing guns to walk to support their proposed AR ban. Notice how they have become quiet on this issue since the story broke? I think we have already won a battle and the fight has just begun. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

14. Dave Workman

15. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Dave, there's a problem with all of this.
    That being the press is in the tank for the administration and the dems in congress.
    Until the mainstream media is willing to hold the errors of the DOJ/ATF and the admin up before the people and decry their actions, they are effectively allowing this mess to be swept under the rug.

Reading the links to CBS etc., all I get is they are giving the gun banners equal time to regurgitate the same old lies they've been propagating since day one.

Keep up the good work Dave, and thank you from all of us gun owners and 2ndA advocates.

But please do all you can to get those in the mainstream on board with the FACTS of this story. not just the lies that their "faves" are spouting.

16. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

17. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Exactly. That is THE problem.

18. chris61182

chris61182 A little west of Portland Active Member

I'm suspecting, or at least hoping, that after Wednesday's Gunrunner hearing the media will have a lot harder time ignoring it.

19. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

yes its funny how the dont finish the headline..... FROM US MILITARY / GOVERNMENT

20. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

Just saw a blurb on this just now on CNN and they will be doing a special on it this week. I like how they also mentioned that Mexicos president blames Americas laxed gun laws on all the problems they are having with the cartels. This worries me because I think that we will see another firearm price bubble.