Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

brass

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bartonfink, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bartonfink

bartonfink mcminnville New Member

can anyone help me i have some once fired remington brass in 45 long colt and 7mm remington mag was wondering what they are worth

thanks

2. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

From what I've seen, 45 Colt once fired brass goes for around 15 cents each, and 7mm mag brass goes for around 20 cents each, give or take.

I'm local near you and have a friend that may be interested if you decide to sell.

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

$7.50/50 for .45 Colt sounds pretty low.. as does $4/20 for the 7mm.

4. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's kinda what I was thinkin'. Be a great price for buyin, though.

Looks like .50 for the 7mm Rem and .25-.35 for the 45 Colt.

5. Papercidal

Papercidal Vancouver ,Wa Active Member

.45 colt is about .20 each new from starline so once fired is worth about half that I have no Idea on the 7mm

6. CLT65

Realistically it's worth whatever someone will pay, so if someone will pay those prices, more power to you. If people will pay that kind of money for fired brass though, I have a bunch I need to sell. Honestly - not trying to be snarky. I wasn't trying to low-ball you either.

Here's $37.50 for 200 pieces of new virgin .45 Long Colt brass (18.6 cents each): .45 Colt Brass : Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com

7 mag, $36 for 100: 7mm Rem Mag reloading brass 1x fired (F-C),100pcs : Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com

Honestly I was surprised at the price of the 7mag brass I looked at. It looks like it's hard to find for less than about .40 each online. I sold my accumulation of 7mag brass (couple hundred pieces) less than a year ago for $4/20. I guess I messed up there. I also sold several hundred .44 mag brass for a dime a piece. Oh, well.

I'm actually starting to feel old (and I'm not that old). The going prices on so many things has skyrocketed in recent years, far more than inflation. I saw a table at a recent gun show that had lots of once-fired brass, all clean and bagged, but no prices. I asked about pricing on a couple things and was astounded. I thought maybe I heard them wrong so I had them repeat it. I walked away politely but almost commented that they should stay off the drugs when pricing things. $20 for a bag of 20 once fired .303 Brit?

7. CLT65

I think the price of brass is the sort of thing that is very subjective. The difference between shop- retail and what you can find it for if you really look is dramatic.

There is a shop in Springfield that sells (or at least used to as recently as this last spring) fired brass that he gets in for 5 to 10 cents each, depending on caliber. The 7mag I had I got from a guy who used to get all the brass from the Siuslaw Rod and Gun Club and scrap what he couldn't use. He traded it to me for about scrap price, maybe 5 cents each. I ended up never loading it and sold my 7mm rifle, so I sold it, apparently too low.

As for what to ask when selling it; it may be wise to start higher, closer to what orygun suggests. A lot of folks seem to be used to paying high shop prices and may be glad to get them.

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Elma, WA Well-Known Member

Interesting post. I am in the process of gathering and bagging up a variety of brass that I have piled up over the years. ran it through the tumbler and sorted some but didn't know the best way to package it. Also some loading dies and things that I no longer need.

9. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

It's "not available/no backorders" so that .20 ain't gonna get squat there.

10. sagewa

sagewa Renton Member

I usually do 45LC for .12c-.14c each, and 7rem mag for .15c each.
    I sell about 50k pieces of brass a week.
    This is "Market" value for these calibers
    You can ask .05 more per case and will get it if you wait for someone to come along who wants it, but hasn't shopped around.