JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a couple of 10mm pistols and am always on the lookout for brass. A seller on FB that has a lot of brass has 1x commercial brass for $90/500. Starline sells new for $94/500 with free shipping. I told the guy that and he said that people won't shoot Starline in their $5000 guns, and that it's only good for plinking. Anyone ever heard such a story?

I have a couple of 10mm pistols and am always on the lookout for brass. A seller on FB that has a lot of brass has 1x commercial brass for $90/500. Starline sells new for $94/500 with free shipping. I told the guy that and he said that people won't shoot Starline in their $5000 guns, and that it's only good for plinking. Anyone ever heard such a story?
Never heard of it. Then again I don't own any$5000 guns.

Starling is some of the best from what I've always understood and in my own experience have come to expect.

My BS meter went into the red, but I've been wrong before. All brass has to meet some minimum spec. I believe military brass is a bit thicker. His was Federal and Hornady.

My BS meter went into the red, but I've been wrong before. All brass has to meet some minimum spec. I believe military brass is a bit thicker. His was Federal and Hornady.
No kidding. Screw that guy. And there's no such thing as "military" 10mm, as far as I know.
Get the *- and be happy. That 500 will last you a long time.

Hey come on,he's selling used brass for next to new prices,he needs a good story.
I've always heard Starline is upper quality brass.
Heck they probably make Federal's and Hornady's brass

I'm thinking that 500 new Starline will all be the same length. A mix of range brass, once fired or not will be a mix of lengths. Crimping, taper or roll, is soooo much nicer when all brass is the same.

And only a $4.00 saving for 500? Pfffft!

I'm thinking that 500 new Starline will all be the same length. A mix of range brass, once fired or not will be a mix of lengths. Crimping, taper or roll, is soooo much nicer when all brass is the same.

And only a $4.00 saving for 500? Pfffft!
More than 4 bucks because SL ships for free

I shoot Starline in all my revolvers that they make it for. Also in my 10mm but I hate having to make sure I find every single one and I dont lose any. I have Starline 45/70 that I've loaded 18 times for one of the pistols and haven't lost any to cracking or failure yet, it's excellent brass.

Well there you go. Unless there REALLY are some issues with Starline brass and $5000.00 10mm pistols.
I'm only in the hand loading game a little over 5 years, so maybe I don't know nuthin'. :s0092:

I bought 500 starline some time ago when I got the Kimber 10mm, but I'm always looking for more. That gun throws brass a long way.

Starline is as good as it gets. Hornady in my experience is the only stuff I will not use (I save it for lost brass matches) as it only seems to last a few loadings before it splits (and that being light .45)

I bought 500 starline some time ago when I got the Kimber 10mm, but I'm always looking for more. That gun throws brass a long way.
Quit shooting it then. I'll stop by and dispose of it if needed. Nobody needs a gun that blows brass all over the place; except for me - maybe??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top