JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I usually take my brass to the scrap/metal recycling places. I was told I may be able to get more selling for reloading. I am wondering what a fair price is? I have searched some but don't know what the current going rate is, and most of it isn't deprimed or tumbled so I don't know how to value it. I would be happy to get more than from scrapping it, and want to price it competitively to make a quick sale.

What I have:
(everything listed below is not deprimed or tumbled, basically just shot and picked up, all factory loads, never reloaded, mixed head stamps unless written otherwise)

30-30 - 16 pieces

.38 special - 25 pieces

9mm - 417 pieces

.223/556 mix - 239 pieces (not sure on crimped primers or whatever if that matters)

.40 cal - 157 pieces

.40 cal - deprimed and tumbled - 1741 pieces.

Anyone know a fair value before these go to scrap?

Weigh up the whole bunch, apply going rate for brass. Double the total $$ and offer up the whole bunch at that price. People here on the forum will inform you, most likely in a nice way, if you are out of line. People will most likely want you to separate the calibers. I can only speak for the handgun brass....

9mm and .40 = $.03-$.04 each
.38 = $.05-$.07

Deprimed and tumbled doesn't mean anything to me as I tumble my own and feel I need to size it myself. Though most resold brass is usually tumbled.

Good luck with the sale. Your doing a good thing keeping that brass from the scrapper

Thank You!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads