JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this on thegunfeed.com. Just ordered one. $43 with shipping.

Brass catchers are handy.

No idea on this one, but looks decent from the quickie view.

Have a bunch of the mesh type & sturdy nylon kind which can be swapped around with no fuss. Like them, most can hold around 3 or so mags worth.

Have different ones as rail space / mount differs depending on optics. Easier just to have catchers available to swap directly as guns cool down vs adjusting catcher mounts to move over.

Depends how much one shoots, how cranky ones knees & back are etc too...

I have one on order too. Should be here Saturday .

Probably find out this weekend.

The other one I have used is the mesh style that mounts to the Picatinny rail.

I have one on order too. Should be here Saturday .

Probably find out this weekend.

The other one I have used is the mesh style that mounts to the Picatinny rail.
Thanks! I look forward to hearing any comments. I was worried that it would interfere with mag changes. Not that it's a critical element for me these days. But when you get older, you start getting all thumbs. Don't need anymore thumbs added.

OK , received mine. fits good. fairly easy on off.
Haven't got a chance to get to range yet. ( rebuilding front end on my Dodge,today)
because of where the catcher part sits, it follows the mag so mag changes, still should be fine, jut have to watch your fingers.

if you are a leftly, well probably will be in the way.

I did get one of the Brass Goat brass catchers. Snapped on easily and did not scratch the rifle finish.

I was little concerned that it might protrude down far enough to interfere with my shooting from the rest. Attached photo shows it in comparison to a 20 round mag. Not quite as far down as a 30 round mag. I did give my rest a couple turn "up" to raise it just a little but nothing major.

It works really well. I'm pleased with it. I can hear the brass rattling around but no big deal. Easy to dump the brass and none are being damaged.

Thumbs up from me!

F1B3303E-35D0-41CB-97FB-8451A5A82CFE.jpeg

Looks good, nice for the range to not be tossing brass in the guy next to me.

BTW when you type in the website, don't skip the "BR", way different website without it! o_O

Another update. I notice that using the Brass Goat causes a mild deformation of the brass case mouth (see attached pic). Normally I might get one dinged case. With the Brass Goat, just about all of the rounds I fired was deformed.

Not a major issue but just wanted to pass the observation along. I'm sure the brass will reload fine.

EAF1D85C-3D9B-447A-AB66-028A6F256E6E.jpeg

I bought myself and a friend one for his birthday. This thing is sweet only had 1 problem it will only fit a Mil-Spec lower (witch I knew) but I have a commercial DPMS lower from back when they were in Becker MN.

It fit but the edge that attaches to the trigger guard was a bit too short. But took the dremel shaved down the inner front a bit and now fits snug :D

Also a nice mod I did to stop it from rattling is took some electrical tape and stacked strips on the upper back of the hopper where it attaches does not make a sound! All together very happy with my purchase!!

Another update. I notice that using the Brass Goat causes a mild deformation of the brass case mouth (see attached pic). Normally I might get one dinged case. With the Brass Goat, just about all of the rounds I fired was deformed.

Not a major issue but just wanted to pass the observation along. I'm sure the brass will reload fine.

View attachment 830993

I'm just wondering if this little device that shows up on the frequently bought together ad would be a little easier on the case mouths. It appears to be a small rubber piece that sticks onto the brass deflector... I've been using the nappy part of Velcro on mine.

:oops:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews