JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brass juice is worth the price I tumble dirty picked up wet from a outdoor match and left in the back of the truck for a couple weeks for 45 minutes with pins and 1/2 the recommended amount of brass juice and stainless pins then I drain and run with just clean water for about 15-20 minutes. This gets me new looking brass from really dirty and corroded brass in about a hour. Longer tumble times with the dirty solution leaves brass duller and less shiny.

Proof again that if you ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers. Although all correct answers, you'll find what works for you by process of elimination.

Good luck!

Stop.

The mix (as in how much of each cleaning agent) that works for one person will NOT work for the next. Unless your both using the same water. Just like Rainer Beer, its the water. (This is a PNW forum right? Remember the Reeeeeeeeeeeee Neeeeeeeeeee Beeeeeeeeeeer ads?)

There is no "magic bullet" mixture for the acid. (Limishine). You add this based on how hard your water is your using. Harder the water = higher the mineral content. You adjust adding the citric acid (commercial product Limishine, but also basic food grad citric acid used in canning) Incrase the acid for harder water and back off for less hard water.

If your Mark Wlaberg stuck on Mars you can science $hit out of it with water test strips OR you can just do a few test runs with less acid with off colored brass until you get it right. For ME with my local water, its one .40 SW case full per load in the FA tumbler, w/Amerall car wash with Carnauba for my FINAL wash. (Post range wash is just car wash and no stainless chips)

This is my brass ready for loading.

Rang pick ups:
Wash w/soap only - dry sort
Lube - Roll size - deprime - undersized
Wash w/soap, citric acid, stainless chips - dry.
= These photos. Load, feed and run like new if not better. I much prefer my own "reloads" over new for reliability due to how much care goes in to brass prep.

24800779-5FE9-4C9C-87EC-BC2DF7FFF109.jpeg 26E2434C-DEBD-4CE9-9D35-592B0BAAF735.jpeg

If your Mark Wlaberg stuck on Mars you can science $hit out of it with water test strips OR you can just do a few test runs with less acid with off colored brass until you get it right. For ME with my local water, its one .40 SW case full per load in the FA tumbler, w/Amerall car wash with Carnauba for my FINAL wash. (Post range wash is just car wash and no stainless chips)

so hwat if I i am mahk whalberg stuck on maas, mahky mahk can do science on earf just as good if not goodah

Another vote for Dawn and Lemi-Shine, just sparingly use the Lemi-Shine.
Also, as another member mentioned, there is a difference between "clean" and "shiny" . My brass gets very clean, but I have noticed that brass tumbled in dry media appeared more shiny to my eyes.

I use the wet tumbler like a lot of you. After I use the Lee FCD, I corn cob vibrate for 15 minutes for a perfect shine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top