JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a good quality portable brass catcher. I went shooting yesterday and intentionally took only my revolvers with me because I had hurt my back policing my brass the last time I went shooting. I am looking for something large so I can shoot a variety of guns (from a variety of positions) near it. Any suggestions? Any experience?

I ran a google search and there are a wide variety of brass catchers available, but I wanted to know what NWF members have used and approved. Thanks.

You might laugh! but I would take someone young with a stong back with your! If that fails or you hate people how about like a 10x20 blue tarp from homedepot?If you stand on the corner of it I doubt any brass would leave it and then you could fold up the brass and take it with you, or at least move it all to one location and bend over only once.

Steven

You might laugh! but I would take someone young with a stong back with your! If that fails or you hate people how about like a 10x20 blue tarp from homedepot?If you stand on the corner of it I doubt any brass would leave it and then you could fold up the brass and take it with you, or at least move it all to one location and bend over only once.

Steven

I'm under 30, but gravity, physics, and solid objects have been scheming against me my entire life.

The tarp idea works when I'm just policing my brass, but it doesn't do so well when I have other people shooting with me. Two tarps?

I am aiming for 0% lost brass, and I have yet been able to achieve that.

Hey my uncle used to reload steel .45acp and a guy at ARPC told me he gets one reload out of steel .223. Wish I would have talked to him more about his methods and what kind of abuse his dies are taking so who knows it can be done! (maybe)

Steven

Steel is reloadable, but not reuseable as many times as brass as it is not as workable as brass (I've done it)...and it can save your back if you can't bend over.

Also try tumeric and cumin, M'Kay. They act as a natural anti-inflammitory.

Ooh, looky - 100 messages and I become a senior member:yes:

I made one out of PVC and a laundry net. , it isn't as portable as a tarp for changing shooting positions but it catches most of the brass. I just empty it out after a few clips.

When I find the right pieces and time I will make an extension that will just run down and let it fall into a bucket or something.

I made one out of PVC and a laundry net. , it isn't as portable as a tarp for changing shooting positions but it catches most of the brass. I just empty it out after a few clips.

When I find the right pieces and time I will make an extension that will just run down and let it fall into a bucket or something.

Now this is what I'm talking about. Now, what is laundry net? What did you use for the base?

How about a aluminum framed fishing net like what you take with you salmon fishing. I've seen them at goodwill for $5 - $10 remove the old net and put on a laundry net... then take a 18' piece of pcv pipe and a couple of hose clamps and put on a piece of rebar or a piece of metal that you can drive into the ground or if you bank fish use the fishing pole holder that you drive into the ground then place it into the pole holder or pipe....my 2 cents

It is all made from 1/2 inch PVC pipe. I didn't glue any of it so it comes apart to transport easily.

The laundry net I got from bed bath and beyond I think. Fishing net would work as well. Anything light weight that will hold the shells. I will work on taking some pictures.

You can make this for under $20. I use this at TCGC pistol range and it catches 85%+ of all my brass.

IMG_0960.jpg

You can make this for under $20. I use this at TCGC pistol range and it catches 85%+ of all my brass.

I like this a lot. I will have to make a few adjustments, as I almost always shoot from a standing position. I could also just start packing along my folding tables. Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top