JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've used a pop-up shelter with net sides set over a tarp in the past. Also makes for some nice shade on a sunny day or cover in the rain.

reminds me that I need to go buy a new one since the old one finally fell apart...

I am thinking I am going to need to get some kind of cage, like a batting cage, for shooting on my personal range.

I have a number of problems:

1) First and foremost, my range is very ad-hoc. Just some sloping ground (down towards a gully on my property) with a minimal backstop. The ground has a LOT of tall grass/undergrowth, which makes it very difficult to find spent brass.

2) I have a number of different guns, ranging from pistols to rifles. A few have rails, most of the rifles do not. No one brass catcher is going to work for all of these guns.

3) Some guns eject from the bottom (e.g., PS90), most from the side. They all eject to a different spot on the ground. Sunday I was shooting a rifle that would eject spent casings a good 20-30 feet to the side and 30-40 feet forward - it was steel casings so I didn't even bother to try to find them. A different rifle I was shooting ejected the brass forward and to the side about 10 feet. Pistols are all over the place.

Putting a tarp down probably won't help, although I have not tried it.

I don't want to buy a catcher for each different firearm

Here's your solution

Here's your solution

300362.jpg
CED Brass Chute
The CED Brass Chute is an amazing product, that provides a fast and efficient method of collecting brass on the range. Ideal for clubs or individual training sessions where collecting the brass for reloading or simply keeping the range clea...
favicon.png www.doublealpha.biz

That would probably work, but...

1) I don't want to spend $150 - I am on a budget
2) I would have to move it when I switch guns - one gun does spew the cases out about 40 feet, another about 5 feet.

I think I would be ok with just a screen next to where I am shooting with a tarp/cloth at the base. I don't need the screen to catch the case, just not let the case go anywhere but the tarp/cloth.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top