JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
May have to beef up the hair net with some duct tape but looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

20151009_213033.jpg

AT Four Corners they have these wood stands that hold a piece of cloth cut into strips they are about 24 x 30" stand on the bench next to where you would shoot pistols. Work pretty good.

I was wondering about the hot brass on the nylon ? Its going to hit and settle any crease etc it could weaken . I would suggest using weed block more work but would last longer that come in all sorts of thicknesses and can be very pliable. The heat and melting issue has me wondering about the net.
Curious to know how it works out.

Nice idea - I got a chuckle at the clean room hair net. I'd use one of our old pillow cases.
Did you glue it all together, or are the tubes only slip fit so you can pack it up and transport it?

That's the only beef I have with all the accoutrements (aka crap) that I bring to the range: I have to carry them. I look like some travelers at the airport with waayy too much luggage.

Didn't photograph it, but a guy at TCGC the other day used an old fishing net with a fine mesh, stuck into a simple mount. Worked well and looked easy to transport too.

The PVC design is solid :s0152: but the hair net wont last. The rifle range in Issaquah has something similar but they found a heavier small weave netting that is almost indestructible. Next time I go I will take a picture and ask if they remember where the material came from.
Nice beginning!!!:s0166:

Nice!
Should work well as long as you secure the net as you mentioned.

I picked up one of these from Sportsmans Warehouse a few weeks ago for $14.99 so i'm set.
I'm pretty sure it was mislabeled because i've never seen them for lower than $29.99
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/77...l-mount-nylon-mesh-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I've looked at these for a while but some of the reviews on different sites were questionable. I would love to hear your opinion after you try it!

That CTK was the inspiration. Someone had one at one of my shoots in Lewiston and I thought it was fabulous. Then I saw how much they wanted for one and that's what put me on the path to build my own.

Right now it's just press fit together - no glue. I'd like to keep it collapsible for easy transport especially if I end up carting 15 or 20 of these things around.

It was flawless on .22lr. Collected them exactly as expected. .223 required me to move the catcher further away from the ejection port. When it was right up on the shooter the shells just bounced out. When it was placed 18-24" away it worked perfect. As expected, the hair net didn't really hold up to the .223 shells. A collection cup under the catch would be perfect. I think I'll go to window screen for Beta 2.

th_20151010_132807_zps3itsu6e7.mp4.jpg

Trying to embed the video but it doesn't seem to work the way I thought. Click on the picture above to go to my photobucket for the video of it in action.

Really nice. At our little outdoor country range I just lay down a largish painting tarp. It catches everything. Well, maybe "catch" is not the best word but you know what I mean.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top