JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a box of Remington UMC in 22-250 at Bi-Mart yesterday, fair price, in stock, all is starting out OK...
Opened it up to take a peek (learned my lesson a few months ago when I bought some Hornady Superformance in .243 WIN and there were only 18 rounds out of 20!) and what I saw blew me away. 11 Silver-colored primers, 9 brass-colored primers--in the same, unopened box. Also, the projectiles ranged from factory-dingy to range-dud black.
I know that all of the manufacturers are doing what they can to keep up with demand (don't go all tinfoil hat on my thread!) but this seems pretty low-rent. I will be the first to say that I am not a fan of Remington Cor-Lokt ammo but this is just JHP target junk that I bought to catch the brass.
Let me put this out there as well...I reload, so I like a nice, shiny bullet. I understand that critters don't care, as long as they die. But this seems pretty cheesy to me.
Call me picky, back me up, either way...what do you think?
WP_001412.jpg WP_001415.jpg

WP_001412.jpg

WP_001415.jpg

Call Remington with the box lot number and ask when they were made, etc etc. They will want to see the box, and contents! Thats odd/fishy. Ive seen allot of discolored bullets, but mismatched primers is rather fishy.

Remington will send you a prepaid box and label, and make it worth you while.

I had a hi end box of Remington 338 Lapua that had been messed with, Remington made it right.

Bought a box of Remington UMC in 22-250 at Bi-Mart yesterday, fair price, in stock, all is starting out OK...
Opened it up to take a peek (learned my lesson a few months ago when I bought some Hornady Superformance in .243 WIN and there were only 18 rounds out of 20!) and what I saw blew me away. 11 Silver-colored primers, 9 brass-colored primers--in the same, unopened box. Also, the projectiles ranged from factory-dingy to range-dud black.
I know that all of the manufacturers are doing what they can to keep up with demand (don't go all tinfoil hat on my thread!) but this seems pretty low-rent. I will be the first to say that I am not a fan of Remington Cor-Lokt ammo but this is just JHP target junk that I bought to catch the brass.
Let me put this out there as well...I reload, so I like a nice, shiny bullet. I understand that critters don't care, as long as they die. But this seems pretty cheesy to me.
View attachment 66795View attachment 66796

So you're missing two rounds? The picture looks like 20 and 11+9=20 and you say you got only eighteen rounds? doesn't make sense

Well we have a rather interesting development...
Called the Remington ammunition plant in Arkansas this morning and a very knowledgeable and kind woman suggested taking a pencil eraser to the nickle/silver colored primers as they may have some residual moly coating on them. She was absolutely right. The moly sealant was so reflective that it made the primer appear to be silver. They honestly looked like half CCI and half Winchester. Very interesting. I learned something before the first cup of coffee was down this morning!

View attachment 66795View attachment 66796

2nd time they screwed you a bit.....him, how's your karma been doin? I am just sayin'.:s0131:
Brutus out

Interesting, before I started reloading 7mm, I shot Core-Lokt almost exclusively because it worked best out of my Vanguard. Never had a bad round, always shot very well. FWIW apparently they haven't implemented a good quality program that scales with manufacturing.

Next time, open it there at the store counter and inspect.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top