JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently bought a FNP-9 and took it shooting with an old navy buddy of mine and both of us were experiencing the same problem the gun shoots low and to the left we first tried shooting about 20 feet out than moved it farther and farther no matter what it shot low and left for both of us. I looked up the problem online and had noticed that a lot of forums would explain how it wasn't the pistol but the shooter, this was hard to believe considering the fact that I have seen 2 taraus 24/7's with one shooting dead on and the other shooting low left and the other fact that me and my buddy both had the same problem. does anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly fix this problem or is it truly my shooting ability that is leading to this very common problem. by the way I am what is considered a newbie to FN and pistols but have shot many pistols dead on.

If you bought it new then I'm sure it has the correct height sights on it so that rules out the sights as far as the elevation problem goes. Shooting left could be a sight alignment problem but the most likely culprit is you. It may just be a matter of getting used to the trigger on this particular pistol. Just because you are accurate with a different model doesn't necessarily mean you will be with this one; not right off the bat anyway. Just give it some time and practice and I'm sure you'll find that the pistol eventually becomes more accurate for you. Assuming you are right handed I'd say that you are just not being smooth enough with your trigger pull (or "press" as some aficionados may quote you).

It's a pretty simple fix. Please choose your target and aim higher and farther right. This will solve your issue. :) Are you shooting from a rest or just free handing it? Trigger control is very important and i've shot thousands of round but i am still dealing with shooting low. I've fixed the drifting issue but shooting low is indicative on pulling on the trigger too hard. Borderline jerking on the trigger. This is common with new firearms since it's different from your previous firearm. You just have to practice more with it before adjusting the sights.

I had the same issue years ago. Try this. Line up your sights, use a rest. Have an experienced range buddy pull the trigger. I did this with my old lady to make sure her sight picture was good. It was great but she had to practice trigger. This will tell you if its you or the gun. Try practicing with a snap cap. Please keep live ammo in a separate room.

Dont use Kentucky windage unless you have tried it all and still cant get it down. Trust me i had the same issue and had to holdover high right until i learned how to manipulate a trigger properly.

I agree, jerking the trigger is a problem. I have been shooting for 50 years and I constantly have to watch that trigger pull or all in the 10 ring except one. Just like playing golf I guess.

Trigger jerk or anticipating the shots can be the problem, squeezing the entire grip ("milking" the grip) can be an issue many times, too little finger on the trigger can cause a push toward the support side (likewise too much finger on the trigger can cause a pull toward the strong side). Do what you can to isolate the trigger finger's movement from the rest of the grip.

Also, make sure your support hand grip gets as much meat on the side of the pistol as possible and make sure your grip is firmer than you think is necessary. It will help mitigate movement the strong hand imparts on the pistol.

I know that's a quick down and dirty explanation... let me know if I need to clarify.

I used a rest yes, this is how I originally came to the conclusion that the sights were off (or so I thought) when I compensated for the low left shooting I aimed high and right and ended up hitting my target every time. Problem was in order for me to hit the target I had to place it behind the top left corner of my slide which is pretty far off from the middle sight I'm assuming I need to practice more and break in the barrel like I said before I would be whats considered as a newbie to these things but thank you all for your comments and suggestions :)

target_shooting_diagnosis.jpg

There was a guy up here that did this with his G23.Took it to the local shop and they asked if they could try it. Well he was happy it wasn't the gun,but not happy with his shooting.

So maybe have another shoot the gun.Maybe someone has a gun vise? Then you will know for sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top