JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

Gun newbie here. Just visited the gun range for the first time and made the mistake of purchasing my own ammo at Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, the range wouldn't let me use my own ammo on the rental guns. Had to buy their expensive ammo.

Wal-Mart wouldn't let me return the ammo. I still have the receipt for proof.

[200 rounds] Federal Ammunition 9mm LUGER, 115 Grain FMJ RN
[50 rounds] Federal Ammunition 40 S&W 180 Grain FMJ FN

I paid $62.25, but will take $50 for everything. Alternatively, if there's anyone here who would be kind enough to let me use their gun (prefer Glock/HK) at a local range, I'll give you half the ammo free. I prefer to meet in the Seattle/Renton area.

Thanks-

My first suggestion would be to find a new range. Not all ranges have the requirement to only use their store bought ammo. I live in Tacoma and you can shoot just about any ammo at the Bullseye range in Tacoma and can shoot it at the Marksman near Puyallup. I was also at Wade's in Bellevue and we shot our own ammo.

The ammo good , the range policy bad.

If you insist on selling the ammo, I will be in Renton on thursday , morning and mid day . PM me for negotiations.

My first suggestion would be to find a new range. Not all ranges have the requirement to only use their store bought ammo. I live in Tacoma and you can shoot just about any ammo at the Bullseye range in Tacoma and can shoot it at the Marksman near Puyallup. I was also at Wade's in Bellevue and we shot our own ammo.

The ammo good , the range policy bad.

If you insist on selling the ammo, I will be in Renton on thursday , morning and mid day . PM me for negotiations.

I would guess the range did not allow the use of his ammo because it was their firearm that he was using and they didn't want hot loads fired through it for fear of it breaking and then needing repaired. I think if he had his own firearm they wouldn't have an issue with him using his own ammo. Every range that I know of that rents guns, has this policy.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.