JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The data isn't racist, but pointing it out is considered racist today.

Maybe somebody just don't want to read your chit??? ;)

I have dozens of people on ignore, AND I AM NOT HIDING FROM THEM. But it does make reading thru some threads kinda weird, with much of the dialogue missing.
I mean, yeah, probably. Or maybe they just hate DWD? :s0092:

For me the biggest takeaway is/was......

Was this all necessary?

Guy says STOP and he is armed.

Do you think of yourself as a super ninja tier #1 fighter?
And so......do you proceed to attack and try to disarm him?
Or maybe.....you think (or know) that you've done nothing wrong. So you should have every RIGHT to attack and disarm him?

Or maybe.....you put your hands up and simply say......
"Alright, alright....call the POLICE".

Mind you that could all happen, even without bringing the RACIAL issue into this scenario.

Aloha, Mark
Right, why didn't Ahmad just trust those nice fellows with the guns in the truck chasing him? Things could have been so much simpler. :s0170:

That problem is discussed many times......
Even as it pertains even to the Police doing their job.

The common law and statutory and/or case law definitions sometimes conflict.

When is it an : ARREST?

I'd say when significant liberty is deprived. Though define : significant.

Yeah.....we've all seen it.

Handcuffs = arrested

Nope......
In some places.....
Being placed in handcuffs and placed into the back of a police car is NOT ALWAYS an arrest. They might call that......an "investigative detention".

Yeah....I've seen it happen on those REAL SITUATION TV Cop Shows.

So then....add in facts and circumstances.

Then sometimes, it takes a law degree and even then the lawyers might not/won't agree.

BUT, But, but....
They're being paid to take up a side.

LOL. Yeah.

Not to mention, that sometimes a Judge might just have a different a idea too.

For me the biggest takeaway is/was......

Was this all necessary?

Guy says STOP and he is armed.

Do you think of yourself as a super ninja tier #1 fighter?
And so......do you proceed to attack and try to disarm him?
Or maybe.....you think (or know) that you've done nothing wrong. So you should have every RIGHT to attack and disarm him?

Or maybe.....you put your hands up and simply say......
"Alright, alright....call the POLICE".

Mind you that could all happen, even without bringing the RACIAL issue into this scenario.

Aloha, Mark
This all assumes you think the people harrassing, yelling, chasing and telling you to stay back are sensible. And not looking for an excuse.

I mean, yeah, probably. Or maybe they just hate DWD? :s0092:
Crap, my brain ain't workin. DWD? I even googled it:

he Deutscher Wetterdienst or DWD for short, is the German Meteorological Service, based in Offenbach am Main, Germany, which monitors weather and meteorological conditions over Germany and provides weather services for the general public and for nautical, aviational or agricultural purposes.Wikipedia

Crap, my brain ain't workin. DWD? I even googled it:

he Deutscher Wetterdienst or DWD for short, is the German Meteorological Service, based in Offenbach am Main, Germany, which monitors weather and meteorological conditions over Germany and provides weather services for the general public and for nautical, aviational or agricultural purposes.Wikipedia
Dark Wing Duck, my avatar :s0110:

Now what if told you that according to the FBI's uniform crime report, a small segment of the US population was responsible for 50% of the homicides not to mention a host of other crimes, is that racist?
That is not racist, but what does it have to do with men chasing down Arbery and murdering him? Should anyone at all, be held responsible for the crimes committed by people that are classified as a similar race to them

I never mentioned skin color or race, its not what l think or feel but it is documented in the FBI report, year after year. I trust data and statitstics more than emotions and hyperbole.
What are you using this data for? No one should be using it so they can judge the non-criminal element in this country based on their race or color.

Haven't you often wondered why.....
The LEFT is so successful in enacting GUN CONTROLS that limits your freedom.....when it's obviously the CRIMINAL's fault?
It is not only the left that is successful in their gun control effort. Reagan, Bush and Trump had no problems limiting our 2nd Amendment rights while they were in office. It was the criminal's fault, but tell that to the politicians who want their own gun grab.

Which makes sense until you realize that "criminal" is a title you get after you did the illegal thing with a gun.
If it were a more straightforward comment, I might just be thinking......

"Illegal thing" like..........
Buying a gun. Assuming a *non-prohibited person.

The 2nd Amendment according to the Liberals..…
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

So then....(to be legal) I MUST now.....
Go through a "waiting period?
Be told how I could/should store my gun in my own home?
Undergo a BGC (even get fingerprinted in some places) prior to the purchase?
Undergo a mental health evaluation (in some places) because I'm free to walk the street. But someone is afraid that I'm mentally unstable?
Permits to acquire a gun and/or ammo?
Permits to carry concealed?
Limitations to capacity?
Etc......etc.......

So enacting MORE laws is more about having non-criminals become criminals?

Oh no......it's because......
wwf2ag.jpg
Do-it-for-the-kids.jpg

how_about_NO.jpg

*The definition of a "Prohibited Person" is also another subject for debate.

Note : The list of what makes a "prohibited person".

Why is it that....past criminal convictions (even felonies) are NOT allowed to be discussed/mentioned in certain cases/trials?

Because it's FAIR.

Really? Cough, cough.....(while shaking head side to side).

Before you might even go there. Consider who is allowed to walk the streets freely. Then.....
Criminals-Obey-the-law.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS....don't let the "special kind of stupid" comment in the meme be a reflection or be seen as an attack....on your personal beliefs. It is not.

You have every right to express your beliefs. That is....until maybe this change occurs.....

The 1st Amendment according to the Liberals.....
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, unless someone claims to be offended by your practice thereof."

LOL.

Last Edited:
Because the other people involved would have had no way of knowing anything about him so it would not have had an influence on their choices.
Not unique to this case
Not necessarily the case here. Apparently the McMichaels knew who Arbery was and therefore could have checked public records for prior convictions.

If the deceased had recent priors, and pending warrants it might explain why he grabbed the guys shotgun which resulted in him getting shot. So it should have been brought up in court. Then you have the lynch mob protesting outside the courtroom and the threats of widespread civil unrest if there isn't a conviction I wouldn't call the resulting convictions "justice" but it is a resolution, for now.

If the deceased had recent priors, and pending warrants it might explain why he grabbed the guys shotgun which resulted in him getting shot. So it should have been brought up in court. Then you have the lynch mob protesting outside the courtroom and the threats of widespread civil unrest if there isn't a conviction I wouldn't call the resulting convictions "justice" but it is a resolution, for now.
You seem to be confused about who was on trial and where the lynch mob was. The lynch mob was inside the court, and they were the ones on trial.

RE : Post #355

Only what was 100% known to the defendants at the time, was/is relevant.

THAT thinking.....was also brought to the question of the, "citizens arrest".

Aloha, Mark

What monkeybutler said, but also, he didn't have any pending warrants.

RE : Post #355

Only what was 100% known to the defendants at the time, was/is relevant.

THAT thinking.....was also brought to the question of the, "citizens arrest".

Aloha, Mark
Post #355? OH!!! That's ME! :D

Yeah, it was brought up what the murder's knew at the time of the murder, and it turned out to be that they knew nothing! For all they knew he could have been a new worker that the homeowner had haired that decided to swing by before he started the job so he could get a look around.

Really all they knew was that he looked like someone they thought didn't belong there

If the deceased had even half a brain, it might explain why he grabbed the McMichael's shotgun. Arbery would have looked stupid had he just stood there and let McMichael blow him away.

There is not enough justice in this case yet. The law enforcement who refused to have the three men arrested for murder have yet to have their day in court

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads