JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to specify, or supply, the parts used.

Specific experiences appreciated.
Thank you,
I'd see of Meineke would use your parts. Barring that I've had good luck with them. They often have online coupons that can reduce labor $.
Same thing with Olson Brothers on McLoughlin.

They did me right more than once.. saved me a ton of money after Bernard's downtown Milwaukie tried to rip me off big time.
I happened to speak to Brad Olson who found parts that I requested and set up an appointment next week. It was a bit challenging for him to find the parts and he took about 20 minutes knowing that I want high quality high-carbon steel rotors verses something in the budget range.

I get the vibe that this is a professional shop.

I'm confident that they'll do great work.

Thanks for the advice.

Last Edited:
I happened to speak to Brad Olson who found parts that I requested and set up an appointment next week. I was a bit challenging for him to find the parts and he took about 20 minutes knowing that I want high quality high-carbon steel rotors verses something in the budget range.

I get the vibe that this is a professional shop.

I'm confident that they'll do great work.

Thanks for the advice.
Absolutely. Also, for future reference if one doesn't have AAA towing etc., Olson Brothers tows for free if to their shop (within reason of course). Normally a tow bill is at least $100 even if it's just a mile.

Ouch! Had no idea it was that much now days. It's why I have had AAA for a couple decades now. One tow and it pays for the entire year of the membership.
Last time I had to call AAA, it took them THREE hours to decide they couldn't find any drivers. Told me to find my own tow, then apply for reimbursement. Great--they can't find a tow truck but expect ME to do so, in a strange town? Found out later the reimbursement was capped at $150, and it only took them a few weeks to send a check. Shmucks. Now I just keep a couple $100 bills under the ashtrays.

Rule #1: Nobody is coming to save you.

Last time I had to call AAA, it took them THREE hours to decide they couldn't find any drivers. Told me to find my own tow, then apply for reimbursement. Great--they can't find a tow truck but expect ME to do so, in a strange town? Found out later the reimbursement was capped at $150, and it only took them a few weeks to send a check. Shmucks. Now I just keep a couple $100 bills under the ashtrays.

Damn! Thankfully we have never had that happen in the decades we have had them. Have used them to tow one of ours and several times one of the kids vehicles. Don't think its ever taken more than an hour or so for them to let me know they were on the way. Last few times they even had a locator on the phone showing me where the driver was. Guess we must be in the right area? :s0092:

I have been a loyal AAA member for 30 years. I'm happy to say that I never encountered them telling me to essentially find my own way home. Actually I've never had to use them for a tow,...

AAA will bring you gas if you've run out, change your tire, get you into your car if you locked your keys in. (I realize this is becoming a thing of the past with modern key fobs.)

They'll jump start you or install a new battery for about what you would pay for a new battery at a parts store.

I'm a believer in AAA.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews