JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. If your prepping for an EOTWAWKI, anything that can help protect the family, if you can afford to do so.

For a regionalized SHTF type situation (earthquake, flood etc aftermath), not so much.

Downside, don't have them wearing them out & about, unless your property is relatively concealed. Would make them an immediate target for a do bad.

EOTWAWKI, you & yours shouldn't be out & about anyways.

Get a good msa kevlar helmet imo. there the easiest to wear all day and provide great protection. If you wanna go lighter than do a high cut msa with the arc rails elimates a few pieces of gear go for it!

You can get surplus USGI PASGT helmets for WELL under $100 all day long online. If you're just talking for SHTF the surplus USMC lightweight version of the PASGT helmet is a marked improvement weight-wise.

There's also the MICH and ACH helmets as well, but those go for more money, and I assume you're not "operating" so a PASGT type helmet would strike a good point between costs and usability for SHTF/WROL/TEOWAWKI.

Depends what you want it for is my thought. For myself, I already have too many helmets, was wearing one all day in fact, while climbing. Then there's the bike helmets, the chainsaw helmet, the skateboard helmets and the other 5 climbing helmets......whew.

Here's how I roll!
LOL 20170706_184742.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews