JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just visited the Brady Campaign site and they list ratings for each state as Oregon and Wash each got 17. Our neighbors to the South scored the highest in the whole country, California is Bradys top pupil with 79! Idaho scored the 2nd worst with 2 points and Utah is Brady's worst student with "0"! Great job, Utah! Anyway, I was wondering what laws in Oregon and Wa are restrictive on giving us a 17? The only thing I thought that sucked about Oregon was that the OSP charges us $10 for checks in purchases and keeps a logged gun register:s0131: on individuals personal collection. Most states dont do this and they use the free services of Feds background check. What else dont I know about Oregon law that Idaho and Utah remain free of restriction? thanks

I just visited the Brady Campaign site and they list ratings for each state as Oregon and Wash each got 17. Our neighbors to the South scored the highest in the whole country, California is Bradys top pupil with 79! Idaho scored the 2nd worst with 2 points and Utah is Brady's worst student with "0"! Great job, Utah! Anyway, I was wondering what laws in Oregon and Wa are restrictive on giving us a 17? The only thing I thought that sucked about Oregon was that the OSP charges us $10 for checks in purchases and keeps a logged gun register:s0131: on individuals personal collection. Most states dont do this and they use the free services of Feds background check. What else dont I know about Oregon law that Idaho and Utah remain free of restriction? thanks

WA is "Shall Issue" and supports open carry....CA is "may issue" and open carry is restricted.

silly me, :eek:. That slipped my mind. I guess I forgot about gunshows as I no longer partiscipate in paying near $10 to look at a bunch of grumpy old men's over priced collections along side of someone else selling trinkets of sort. I think I stopped going to shows right around when I heard and saw John McCain on the airwaves crusading to "Close the gunshow loophole" measure 5, I recall?:s0092: Suppose he figured it would be a crudade to win in progressive rino Oregon for his eventual failure in becoming Prez. Anything else you can think of other than the death of gunshows and the State Police keeping track of our firearms and charging us for the gracious service? I can live with a "17" from Brady so long as we dont meet California's "79" halfway. One difference I know between WA and OR is that we in OR can actually use our NFA toys, specifically silencers, but maybe Brady doesnt factor NFA liberties into their grading system.

I considered Utah too but my wife wont let me be a poligamist nor convert religions. Idaho seems a great runner up. I think Arizona & Alaska scored a "2" also from the Brady CAmpaign.

I loved Alaska. I just cant take the cold dark night any longer. to much youthful damage and now it just hurts.

That and Anchorage is quickly turning the state as a whole blue. The Anti's are starting to run rampant there.

Some part still are you just have to stay far away from Anchorage.

Like Or and WA. You have the largest Voting population in one leftest central city that sways the vote for the whole state.

Just see how many dems are taking seats there.

Its sad.

To bad things were messed up for Palin. I think she was on track for that state.

However it is not as bad as here.

No need to "convert" in Utah. I felt the need of "converting" in Idaho more then in Utah. I try to visit down there as often as I can.

We're progressing... I think our score used to be 18.

I always like to point out, CA has a score of 79, OR has a score of 17, yet CA seems to have double the rate of violent crime. Some say poverty is a better indicator of violent crime than the strictness of gun laws... but I've read Oregon's poverty rate is actually slightly higher than that of California. Interesting.

I think if State congress would let the Feds do the free background checks like all other states do that would relieve the Oregon State Police of their dictatorial wasteful duty of taking $10 from each of our purchases and cease keeping an infringing registery log on our guns within our homes that may drop Oregon down quite a bit on the Brady score. Reciprocity with other states too!:s0155:

WA has it's faults (I would like to see a Brady score of less than 17) but having lived in the DPRK (so I do know the difference) and couldn't afford a transferable machine gun anyway WA is satisfactory.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top