JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless you saw it first hand it's tough to draw a conclusion. I was just at this store an hour ago and asked the checkout woman about it. She didn't see it although she was there and has been listening to her fellow employees talking about for weeks. She said the husband protecting his wife was the one that did the shooting. I said I thought it was the lone fella that shot the husband, possibly in self defense and she repeated her version. I knew she was incorrect but I was polite and said my info was from the news and that 'you can't believe what dumb reporters write' but it shows how even secondhand stories get twisted around.

I was trotting down the thread looking for this post to come up. The original story was very fishy

Just goes to show you that eye witness reports aren't reliable at all...

This actually brings up a thing that just happened recently...my wife and I were traveling from a family reunion. Wife was driving and stopped at a red light...I looked back to check on my kid and an accident occurred in front of us. Mind you we were facing NORTH and an accident occurred between two cars going East and West (one was trying to make a left and the other was going straight). My wife was adamant that the car making the left was in the wrong and had failed to yield for the car going straight...but there was no way for my wife to know if the light was green to make the left turn or not for the car turning left. See what I'm getting at? Although I love my wife to pieces, there's no way she would know (for certain) who had the right of way...and since I didn't see it there was no way for me to know either.

Our mind fills in the gaps of what we think happened or should have happened to make up for what we didn't see- especially when we aren't paying attention (i.e. in condition WHITE).

How in the world could she have known that someone was trying to look at her putting in her pin number? She wouldn't. Sounds like her husband gave a story to why the altercation in the first place (probably an argument about cutting in line or something stupid) and they started rolling around on the floor. Was this a case of self defense? Probably not. It's not like the shooter couldn't have just walked away- leaving the cart and just exiting the store.

When you carry you have to be the bigger man, otherwise you'll be the headline of the FOX 12 local news.

Sounds like her husband gave a story to why the altercation in the first place (probably an argument about cutting in line or something stupid) and they started rolling around on the floor.

That just reminded me of something else the checker said, these guys are neighbors. This thing might have started long before this event.

I should have asked which neighborhood, hope it's not close to me.

That last quote by the wife was stupid and incriminating to her husband.

"I wonder what they would do if they were trying to get your pin number"

Yeah if someone was trying to look at the keypad I would definitely roll around with them in the store and shoot them in the knee...oh wait, that was the other guy. What were we talking about again?

Yeah, the story is spotty, at best...one witness calls the dude with the bullet hole a "hero", the other just states the facts (the guy who got shot threw the first punch). It obviously sounds like a childish squabble and someone got shot over something stupid. Well now that Johnny Law is involved, everyone is trying to be the victim when I doubt there truly is one...just two stupid kids in adult bodies.

Yeah if someone was trying to look at the keypad I would definitely roll around with them in the store and shoot them in the knee...oh wait, that was the other guy. What were we talking about again?

Yeah, the story is spotty, at best...one witness calls the dude with the bullet hole a "hero", the other just states the facts (the guy who got shot threw the first punch). It obviously sounds like a childish squabble and someone got shot over something stupid. Well now that Johnny Law is involved, everyone is trying to be the victim when I doubt there truly is one...just two stupid kids in adult bodies.

Yeah, pretty sure the whole jazz about "vietnam vet so he was able to get his finger in there and stop him from shooting again" that was most likely bs, he wasn't a maniac he was defending himself he wasn't out to unload the gun on everyone who it was pointed at, only to shoot the guy attacking him.

Yeah, the story is spotty, at best...one witness calls the dude with the bullet hole a "hero"

You left out the most important part of his statement...

Another witness, Paul McDonald, who didn't see the fight said he helped get the gun from Harryman.

"The guy who got shot and basically handed the situation by himself, man he's got nothing but respect (from me)," McDonald said. "That guys a hero as far as I'm concerned."

He has no idea what happened... He was Mr. After DeFact.

The only witness that actually saw what happened, and who was not talking out of their a$$, laid out a very clear series of events.

But witness Lori Amato said that's not what she saw from the electronics department nearby.

Amato said Bill Young threw the first punch, even running though the adjacent aisle, which was empty, to get to Harryman at the back of aisle 13's checkout.

"The first punch was thrown by the gentleman who got shot," Amato said. "He was very aggressive in his verbal abuse to the man and how he came around and went after the man."

She believes Harryman may have been acting in self defense when he shot Young.

"The man (Harryman) yelled ‘I have a gun' but the man kept hitting him. Then (Harryman) shot him."

"I thought he was in survival mode, trying to protect himself at the time," Amato said.

The cops have the video but they haven't released it to the media. I'll give em the benefit of the doubt and assume for now that it doesn't help the shooters story.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top