JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,

Picked up at Tikka T3 this week for west side hunting and am considering aftermarket stocks.

Saw Boyd's had some laminates for a hundred bucks.

Anyone have experience with Boyd's stocks? That price seems too good to be true.

I was originally considering a Ball & Carlson (with aluminum bedding) or one of the Tikka Performance Center laminates (not sure if it has pillars or bedding for the action), but if Boyd's are a tenable solution, then I might go ahead and save me a few bucks.

I don't have any gunsmithing experience or woodworking tools, so having to fix an off-center barrel channel or something like that will be beyond my skill set.

Boyd's is good to go.
I have one of their stocks on a 10/22... Arrived promptly, was perfect in appearance, and fit with precision. Nothing was off center.
I have another brand that was twice as costly, but the Boyd's is at least it's equal.
Go for it.

Boyds makes stocks for a lot of different firearms. They make the stocks sold buy CMP and many other suppilers. Midway sells their stocks.

I have 4 of them all have fit one was slightly off center but it was a very low end .22 stock. The M1903 Springfield S type stock I put on my 1918 M1903 was very good. The Tacticool .22 stock I built my target Savage MKII with was very good.

They are worth more then they charge.

I've ordered several for both personal and customer guns. The only stock I had an issue with was a Rossi 92 stock that had the screw hole so far off that I had to mill the hole out and then bed the new screw hole in. It took a good bit of work to get right, especially for a "finished" stock. That was a few years ago now. Since then, I've had nothing but good luck with the stocks I've bought. I will likely keep using them.

I appreciate the feedback, guys. Did a whole lot of reading the past few days, and it seems that absolutely everyone has good things to say about Boyd's. The only hiccups I came across were from ten years ago or so.

Plus, aparently they are the OEM manufacturers of a bunch of people's stocks, such as Savage.

So, I went ahead and placed an order this afternoon. I'll be sure to post some photos when the stock arrives in 10-14 business days.

Will I'm planning on building a .35 Whelen Bear Elk rifle off a Savage 111 action and an E.H. Shaw barrel. I'm going to order one of Boyds Prairie style stocks with checkering and a couple of the custom options. I'm really looking forward to this late fall when I have time to get started on it.

Will I'm planning on building a .35 Whelen Bear Elk rifle off a Savage 111 action and an E.H. Shaw barrel. I'm going to order one of Boyds Prairie style stocks with checkering and a couple of the custom options. I'm really looking forward to this late fall when I have time to get started on it.

Nice.

I've been fighting a .35cal infatuation for about two years now, but don't want to jump into one until I (finally) get around to handloading.

So, I let reason get the better of me with this purchase and went with the Tikka in a very common cartridge. The 7mm-08 will handle elk and black bear just fine at the ranges I hunt at in Western Oregon.

(But part of me still wishes I held out for a Win 94 AE Big Bore in .356 Win!!)

I have a boyds featherweight thumbhole stock on my .300 wby mag and love it. Only down side is that it lightened it up enough that there is a bit more felt recoil but it is a pleasure to hump around with during hunting season. I also glass bedded the action and finished mine out with linseed oil to get a little more shine. I will be buying more!

I picked a thumb hole stock for my 700 adl 270 last year and love it. I think it was 120-130 or so. I had to finish it as it was a little ruf but some sanding and stain and sealer and it looks great.

Two Boyds over 6 years ago, Love em! Finished them myself, no checkering, and totally happy.
Both are great handling, easy to carry, and very comfortable to shoot. No regrets.
erik 2198.JPG erik 2199.JPG

erik 2198.JPG

erik 2199.JPG

I've used Boyd's on a few of my builds. After a good inletting and bedding they can be very accurate. Fit and finish are outstanding. Price is crazy fair. Overall I'm definitely going to be buying from them again in time to come. Great company, great product.

Got my Boyds stock in last week. Dropped in just fine. Everything looks great.

Wish I would have sprung for the laser checkering, but c'est la vie.

Very pleased and would order from them again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top