1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Boyd's stocks opinions

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by no time, Aug 14, 2010.

1. no time

no time Roseburg area Active Member

Who has used Boyds finished stocks and what did you think of them? How was the inletting and finish? I'm toying with the idea of sticking one of their laminated stocks on a Remington 700SS in 300WM.

The price looks really good. They are advertised as drop in, but I wonder how much work is really involved.
  2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I've used Boyds stocks (finished) a Ruger Charger and three different models on a Savage .17, (un finished) on a 10/22 and two different models (un-finished factory seconds) on a Savage Mark II. They have all dropped right in, even the very rough un-finished factory seconds. I believe they have a very good quality control department, and if for whatever reason it didn't fit I am sure they would correct the problem.
  3. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I've used them a couple times for M1 Garand projects. And once for a Rem 700. Drop in is accurate. No fitting required.