JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know if this is the correct forum, but here goes.

Has anyone dealt with Boyd's Gunstocks before. I never had until recently and my experience has been worse than any retailer I have ever dealt with. Actually to say that I have dealt with them would be a stretch because I have had zero contact with them.
Here is the accounts of the last 15 days.
On Monday night (11/3/14) I ordered a wood stock for a Browning X-bolt. Upon ordering I received a noticed ,not an email, just to indicate that my order went through. I was unable to print it because I was doing it over my phone. I assumed that I would shortly receive a confirmation through email (this has been my experience from Midway USA, BCM, Troy, X-treme Bullets, etc.), but nothing came. I waited the entire week. Not to receive my stock, just to get an email that they received my order and that it would be shipped. I checked my credit card and it said that the the transaction was "pending". I called my credit card company and they said that everything was fine and that the "pending" was that the retailer had not claimed the money??????
I then decide to contact Boyd's. I have called and left messages on 11/7, 11/10, 11/12, and today 11/18. I have also emailed twice. Nothing has been done on their end. No return call or email. My credit card now indicates that the money was taken out, yet I have received nothing. It's like the company has closed up shop.
The website said that my stock would ship within 2 days. hell, I would just like to hear a human being. The recording on their message says "we know this call is important to you and we will get back with you as soon as we can". Seriously? 15 days, and NOTHING!

I just want my money credited to my account.

Any thoughts???

:):confused::(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've purchased 4 stocks with them. Always got immediate response. I've notice they have changed their website. This could be the issue. As far as shipping goes I've always got the stocks far faster than I thought.

I would venture the webpage change is funking up things.

The website is hosed. Often call center phones are voice over IP, so their computer problems could be affecting their phone system.

Your credit card company can always get your money back. Boyds stocks are a great value, so you might want to be patient if you can. I'm sure they will make it right.

I placed an order from Boyd's back in August, got an e-mail order confirmation that day, and then an e-mail shipment confirmation a few days later. It arrived as expected and it is a really nice stock.

I've also had issues getting a response from Boyd's over the last week. Like others have said, I believe it has to do with the swap to the new website (which, incidentally, is NOT an upgrade in my opinion). Stuff happens. Give them a bit of time. Every other time I've dealt with them, they've been pretty decent.

I've ordered from Boyd's before without issue. Impressed with the quality for a $100 stock.

I will say that their phone support ladies - while nice - are not the most competent. It seems if you have a question, they only check the public facing website and don't do anything else.

For example, I was trying to track down the sporter K-31 stock I know they have and wasn't having any luck with the website. Lady I spoke to on the phone couldn't find it, either.

Turns out, there it was, listed under "K31" sans any hyphen.

That said, it's a hundred dollar stock (most of the time). They've got to cut costs somewhere, so perhaps customer service is part of it.

Problem solved. After almost 3 weeks I finally got a hold of a human being. She was very apologetic. She said they're changing the web site and it has caused a lot of problems. My stock finally showed up. The fit was great. Looks good. I'm happy. Thanks for all the replies. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top