JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe they used to like to use the blanket reference of "prosecutorial discretion" as often as possible.
Here's one link. If your fingers aren't broken you can Google some more. Plenty out there.

Obama Administration & Voter Fraud: Selective Enforcement of Law Undermines Electoral Integrity | National Review

I don't doubt that the Obama administration selectively enforced the laws through prosecutorial discretion, but I'm talking about a private lawsuit here. You don't need the government to prosecute if you sue these companies yourself.

I don't doubt that the Obama administration selectively enforced the laws through prosecutorial discretion, but I'm talking about a private lawsuit here. You don't need the government to prosecute if you sue these companies yourself.
Yeah true but I would expect that after spending a ton of money on lawyers that it would amount to spinning ones wheels being this is such a feel good issue right now in Oregon. Likely it would get shot down at every level and then wind up in the 9th Circuit at which point you might as well just not bake a cake for someone. Then again, who knows where this might wind up on a national level. I'd say wait and see.

Yeah true but I would expect that after spending a ton of money on lawyers that it would amount to spinning ones wheels being this is such a feel good issue right now in Oregon. Likely it would get shot down at every level and then wind up in the 9th Circuit at which point you might as well just not bake a cake for someone. Then again, who knows where this might wind up on a national level. I'd say wait and see.

I'm willing to foot the bill to file lawsuits against any or all 4 of these companies immediately if I can find an 18-20 year old that has been denied the right to buy a rifle, shotgun, or ammo for a rifle or shotgun at any of these stores.

I'm willing to foot the bill to file lawsuits against any or all 4 of these companies immediately if I can find an 18-20 year old that has been denied the right to buy a rifle, shotgun, or ammo for a rifle or shotgun at any of these stores.
Filing a lawsuit early on might just convince some of those entities to reverse course.

if only I was 18 again...

seems like a slam dunk if you ask me (but don't... I'm not a lawyer ) there will be a nice settlement offered real quick.

28516666_1605448779576401_9152112420308601933_o.jpg

I'm pretty disgusted to hear about Bimart.
I've been a customer for decades.
I got more than a few guns there, hunting licences, outdoor gear, prescriptions, etc

I thought they were a solid company.

The people they seek to appease with this stunt are NOT of their customer base.

Judging by the average age of the customers I see there... they can't afford to shun young people.
Guns brought me into Bimart. Now guns have taken me away.

I understand that many companies are anti gun... I do business with some out of convenience admittedly. BUT I understand that going in to it.

The backstabbing by companies who we thought were friendly is the biggest kick in the nuts.

Guns I can get elsewhere... Anything else in Bimart can be had online too. I'd rather buy from an unknown on eBay... or even buy on Amazon than support these turncoats.

We've have an existing limit of 21 for handguns that has never been successfully challenged in federal court. Traditionally the age of majority in the US is 21. Only voting is a right at 18 and specifically because it is stated in the 26th amendment.

I will await the outcome of your lawsuit but there's no chance of a win.

Cigs 18
Marriage 18 or lower
Health care decisions 18
Sign legal documents 18
Legally adult for criminal actions 18
Join military 18 or lower
Drive a motor vehicle 16 or lower

Respectfully, the only thing I can think of requiring you to be 21 is purchase of handgun and intoxicant. I guess becoming POTUS, at 35 as well.

Cigs 18
Marriage 18 or lower
Health care decisions 18
Sign legal documents 18
Legally adult for criminal actions 18
Join military 18 or lower
Drive a motor vehicle 16 or lower

Respectfully, the only thing I can think of requiring you to be 21 is purchase of handgun and intoxicant. I guess becoming POTUS, at 35 as well.
Well none of those are specified as particular age in federal law except voting. The point is that you THINK it's discrimination but by law it just is not unless something is written down.

Tobacco BTW is 21 in Oregon and California.

Alcohol is 21 and has been for years. No one sues over that

This sounds like a bunch of liberals arguing the other side of the issue. All passion. No basis in fact. Stores can set age limits if they like and government can impose them if the want with no fear of constitutional challenge

Last Edited:
I agree with you 100% regarding stores should be allowed to set the ages they wish...it's called freedom. As for the government, not so much. Although there are few age limits specified in the amendments and original founding documents, thousands of courts have ruled on issues being infringements (by governmental entities as well as private parties) for "protected" rights that are not remotely mentioned in these docs (cake bakers for example). At least with 2A issues it is at least in the bill of rights.

I bet we agree on allowing freedom within private business and keep government off out backs!

This is a point I often make to my wife.......stores that have Spanish signs along with English (Home Depot) drive her nuts. They don't bother me but all government documents and communication need to be done in English.

We've have an existing limit of 21 for handguns that has never been successfully challenged in federal court. Traditionally the age of majority in the US is 21. Only voting is a right at 18 and specifically because it is stated in the 26th amendment.

I will await the outcome of your lawsuit but there's no chance of a win.

No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually. I do. Like I say go fling yourself at it and when the dust settles you'll be wondering what happened to you or whining about the "unconstitutional" nature of what happened to you. Like all the others in the tin foil hat brigade.

I have to say it is amusing.

Actually. I do. Like I say go fling yourself at it and when the dust settles you'll be wondering what happened to you or whining about the "unconstitutional" nature of what happened to you. Like all the others in the tin foil hat brigade.

I have to say it is amusing.

It definitely isn't unconstitutional, it's just illegal under state statute.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top