Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Boycotting all of Paul Allen's enterprises

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 8ball, Aug 27, 2014.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I've never been a big fan of the Seahawks, but I have attended many corporate events there, several of which have been on my companies dime. I've also been a long term member of the EMPSFM and regularly attended events at Cinerama. All that ended earlier this month.

My company is leasing a large new office, and one of the buildings presented by the broker is owned by Vulcan, so I told him to remove it from the list.

Paul Allen thinks he can throw around his money to erase our rights via 594, while he has his own FFL and armed security team. :mad:

Anyone else with me? :D

erudne, BoatRanch, Stomper and 7 others like this.
  2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did you write this post on a computer using a Microsoft product? Bill and Malindy Gates just gave 1 million to the I594 cause. Good luck with your boycott.

Stomper, Koda, CoastRange57 and 2 others like this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Microsoft sucks!

I went apple before apple was cool;)

SIG383 likes this.
  4. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

When you have the money of Bill Gates you can give money to whoever you choose to just so you look good in the eyes of the public. Being we are in a blue state of course he is going to side with them:rolleyes:

All those people who have the money to spend on tickets to games and all the spendy stuff up there probably do not shoot guns. I know on my end I would rather spend the money on a new gun or supplies then go to a football game and be crammed in a seat with 30K other people around me. I can watch it on tv if I really want to see it that bad:D

5. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I haven't been in a stadium seat watching a game that wasn't better than my own deluxe seat at home.

*Temperature controlled.

*Unlimited open bar

*Free snacks

*Shoe (and dare I say pants) optional

*Can OC what ever firearm I want
    Sometimes theres a "pat down" by a undercover woman.. It rarely happens so its not too intrusive on my rights.. But I kind of like it.

*Private fully stocked bathrooms that don't smell like a sewer pipe just burst and don't have urine or unidentifiable sticky substances on the ground.

Its fantastic. I can even doze off and no one bothers me.

But back to the OP. I do support boycotting anti firearm folks and their businesses when & if at all possible.

BoatRanch, solv3nt, Koda and 9 others like this.
  6. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

When the warranty is up, Ubuntu software will be coming online! Till then, Die ya scurvy musty pirate!

7. 44mag2ndamend

Good on You! Tell your brothers in arms also!

8. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As many people can watch those games in person and at home as they want. The net result is:

1. Less people on our beautiful northwest rivers during the premium fishing season.
    2. Less people in the woods during the best hunting seasons.
    3. Less people on the hundred or so golf courses.

Super Bowl Sunday is one of the lightest pressure days on the rivers. All the drunks are at home. Sitting in front of a TV for just about any show or event is boring as hell to me. I would rather fish , hunt, stock the wood stove in the shop and work on something listening to classic rock on the stereo.

SIG383, Koda, FourTeeFive and 2 others like this.
  9. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Gates left Microsoft years ago. He owns less than 4% of it. Gates, Ballmer and Allen combined own less than 20%. And it's basically impossible to avoid Microsoft in my career.

However, football games, museums and cinemas are discretionary spending that I can easily redirect to alternatives that are not majority owned by Allen.

Better to light one candle than curse the darkness.

And no, I wrote this on an iPad.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. 44mag2ndamend

Uninstalled Microsoft Office 2010, let it begin.

Where are their holdings? Hmm...I have got a pack of matches and I am off to the combat fishing zones of the Northwest.

You know what they say, I am going to hang out with a hundred of my closest friends.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  11. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

http://www.bornrich.com/paul-allen.html

Paul is known for his love for megayachts and he also owns two sports team, one from NFL and the other from NBA and has stakes in Seattle Sounders FC. His notable other lifestyle expenses include Vulcan Productions, a film production company, SpaceShipOne, a suborbital commercial spacecraft and lots of real estates in South Lake Union.

12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Kinda puts in perspective my disgust at seeing only 300 of you show up at last year's Olympia rally because some stupid game playoff was on the tube.. as you supported our enemies with $$$$ we 300 will get eternal glory

13. 44mag2ndamend

Some of us do not like whats going on up there and cannot vote on these issues. Oregon shut down all the proposed laws.

I would be writing you local legislators, heck I may do so anyways!

14. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Another cash dump into Wash. gun control effort: Is this overkill?

The Seattle Times reported yesterday that Bellevue billionaire Steve Ballmer and wife, Connie have added another $250,000 to the already-bursting-at-the-seams campaign coffers of Initiative 594, prompting a source in the comparatively cash-poor rival Initiative 591 camp to observe, “This is just overkill.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/another-cash-dump-into-wash-gun-control-effort-is-this-overkill

15. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Im just curious if Apple is anti gun too?

16. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Its a liberal based California company you make the connection.

44mag2ndamend, Koda and Redcap like this.
  17. Koda

Well then if we want to spend our money on computers then we should be using Linux if we dont want to help finance gun control....

edhill97306 and Redcap like this.
  18. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

Facebook (you know, one of those places from which you can sign in) is fanatically anti-2A.

Yes...I know it is old news. But, some ideas need to be brought to light frequently.

19. Koda

Your link only reports that Facebook prohibits illegal gun sales. Does Facebook contribute financially to gun control causes?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  20. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

You really want to boycott something and make a difference----quit watching, talking about, giving a sh*t about all sports and channel that time/money/energy into building a legacy, improving yourself, your family, your tribe.