JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As to buying ammo from WalMart, marking it up, and reselling it... for one thing, WalMart now have a six box per customer per day limit. If he's buying more than that, I'd go talk to the WalMart manager and say HEY, what's this?

Now, if he's willing to pay the retail price and get it in stock, he has to charge a markup, With the way ammo is not being shipped these days, he may well be providing a service to some who can't find it. I've been looking for a few calibres of late, no success in finding them. Empty shelves everywhere I go.

An excellent shop I've dealt with is the one in downtown Donald, Oregon, Great folks, reasonable prices, incredible service. Fairly good selection. Don't know about ammo, last time I was there was last spring, and they had lots of everything. Could be singing the "caint' git no bullits" blues by now, though. Full service gunsmithing, too. Can't remember the name of the place, but when you turn south off the highway off I-5, go to the start of the town and turn east again, they're on the left pretty much into town.. which is a tiny town. I think it was the local police department they are next to... north side of the street.
I'd go there again in a heartbeat.... particularly if I could buy handguns from them (out of state, so I can't. )

"An excellent shop I've dealt with is the one in downtown Donald, Oregon, Great folks, reasonable prices, incredible service. Fairly good selection. Don't know about ammo, last time I was there was last spring, and they had lots of everything. Could be singing the "caint' git no bullits" blues by now, though. Full service gunsmithing, too. Can't remember the name of the place, but when you turn south off the highway off I-5, go to the start of the town and turn east again, they're on the left pretty much into town.. which is a tiny town. I think it was the local police department they are next to... north side of the street."

Rich's Gun shop is the name, and I will second that opinion. Great bunch of guys, good selection and price.
-Curtis

I heard the add for the Gun buy back on Lars and went WTF? Never heard of the like in our area. It didn't sound like your typical buy back either. I would not put it past him to be gathering stock to pass along at the next Portland Gun show.

I didn't like it and I have considered severing any future business with his shop.

I've dealt with him a few times before, He will sell some POS bubbafied guns, but he's always been willing to make it right, if you call him on it.

He's not my first choice , but in the immediate area he has one of the best selections of stock this side of Philomath.

I guess it's a matter of principle... I don't want to support a business with that kind of a business model. I work too hard for my money to give it to someone like that. Thanks for the warning. There are plenty of other shops around.
Just my 2 cents.

I guess it's a matter of principle... I don't want to support a business with that kind of a business model. I work too hard for my money to give it to someone like that. Thanks for the warning. There are plenty of other shops around.
Just my 2 cents.

Nice to know there are some people who still believe in principles. Living without them has taken this country to the **** we are in. If people were picky about who they did business with then businesses would have to be honest or out of business.

Greed has been the downfall. People don't care who they buy from as long as they get what they want. For years we have been giving our jobs to the Chinese because the fools who buy their stuff think they got a good deal. Well your neighbors are now unemployed and your government has spent your kids future, did you really get a good deal?

jj

You don't have to buy the ammo. As for his gun prices I see them as more then fair. When doing a trade - he makes you an offer - it is up to YOU whether or not you do it. Stop ragging on the guy for trying to make a $ - He is not the first to buy from a Larger Store and resell an item, most C stores to that everyday from Costco. It is just how business gets done.

As for Ace Buyers - I sold my gun to them and then a week later went back in to see it marked up $200 dollars. You just have to know what you are getting into when you decide to make the transaction.

Nuff said...

You don't have to buy the ammo. As for his gun prices I see them as more then fair. When doing a trade - he makes you an offer - it is up to YOU whether or not you do it. Stop ragging on the guy for trying to make a $ - He is not the first to buy from a Larger Store and resell an item, most C stores to that everyday from Costco. It is just how business gets done.

As for Ace Buyers - I sold my gun to them and then a week later went back in to see it marked up $200 dollars. You just have to know what you are getting into when you decide to make the transaction.

Nuff said...

Did you even bother to read what this post was about?

SOO we all have our opinions on things. Some may not agree with what you say, but that's still no reason to be rude. If you dont like it.. Dont post. its simple.. Or find a different site.

When a rude person comes on board and tries to promote a gunshop it's really funny. Who in the heck would go there after listening to him?:s0112::s0112::s0112:

I would never buy another gun from Nick and I have bought alot of guns from him in the past. Bet I have bought as many guns recently from others as I have bought from him. Guess he doesn't need the business:D

jj

Sorry guys - Didn't come here to piss anyone off. Just felt like you were be a little harsh on the guy. Yes, I bought a gun from him. No problems - just had to realize he was a real *** and that there was no way he was going to be moving on his prices. But then again, he was the only one in town too.

So, I must ask? Where do you go to buy your gun if not there? I won't go to ACE BUYERS (as I know their mark-up).

Thanks everyone - and sorry if I made any of you sore. No my intent!

Once old Nick said if I didn't pay his price then he would sell the gun I wanted on the net. So I never went back in to buy a gun and buy all my guns off the net or at gunshows. Two can play the same game. LOL LOL

jj

It was Stove piping the Bullet

Huh?

The deal with the buy back ad that is really despicable is who it is aimed at, have any of you thought about that? It's aimed at women! Women who are angry at their husband or boyfriend and are looking for a way to "show him!". A donation to "planned parenthood"? Really slimy, giving money to abortionists. That'll teach him!

It's like the urban myth about the wife who sells her husbands Porsche for $50.

That is the sleaziest thing I've ever heard of, and no honest person who knows about that would ever have anything to do with that store.

A stovepipe is when a spent casing only partially ejects from your firearm. Like the term implies, it looks like a "stove pipe" sticking out of your ejection port. It effectivly "jams" your firearm by not allowing your slide to go back into battery.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top