JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have only been into this place a few times and got the slime factor pretty large out of it. I have bought a couple of boxes of ammo and that is it. This guy also owns Fast Cash in Lebanon. The one that keeps going over to Wally World and emptying the shelves of ammo every morning.

I am listening to Lars this afternoon and this commercial comes on for a gun buyback program. I am thinking, oh great, here we go again. But THEN, it turns out to be a commercial for Albany Coins and Crap. They are saying they will take your gun you want to turn in and give you a minimum of a $25 gift certificate for food at a local grocery PLUS they will donate some cash to a local planned parenthood shelter. The tag line goes like this, turn in your guns, ammunition, and reloading gear to ALbany Guns, Coins, and Jewelry and you will receive a $25 food card plus you'll be saving a BABY! I bubblegum you not. How many saps are going to go down and give this slimebag their guns, thinking it is some kind of official turn in, he turns aorund and sells them at market value and makes a bubblegum pile of money.

I will never walk into that place again!

TS

Wow, that's a pretty pathetic advertisement. I hope no one actually brings him any good working guns. I could see if someone had a broken cheap gun that just wanted to get rid of it doing it thought.

Ugggggh.

Well, it must work or they wouldn't do it. There has to be a part of the population that will fall for stuff like this.

It's kinda like spam. There wouldn't be people doing it if nobody would buy...

Well I Have bought all my guns from Nick (the owner) and I will say that I believe that he is one of the best gun stores around.. Iv bought a total of 5 guns from him and Only one I had a problem with. It was Stove piping the Bullet. But I took it back and he told me to take it to the gun smith and hed cover the cost or I could pick out a different gun and he'd trade me. I did the gun smith deal but it still has some problems so I did a trade and I actually Chose a gun that was $100 more and he still traded me straight across.

The whole deal with the ammo deal at Wally world I will admit is stupid. But People Buy the ammo lol. Id never buy ammo from him cause it is expensive but his guns are very decently priced. I just bought my AR from him a few weeks ago an got a great deal on it.

Some guys will do anything to make a buck. You will have to make up your own mind on this outfit. If he will take advantage of everyone that comes his way then will he take advantage of you? Buyer and seller beware better know what your doing if your going to deal with some people.

jim

The whole deal with the ammo deal at Wally world I will admit is stupid. But People Buy the ammo lol. Id never buy ammo from him cause it is expensive but his guns are very decently priced. I just bought my AR from him a few weeks ago an got a great deal on it.

Well, you can add up another stupid idea of theirs. The commercial was WAY out of line. I would rather go to guys that are not going to try to swindle people out of something of value. These two incidents show me that my money is better spent elsewhere.

TS

I stopped going in there when they did the ammo thing with walmart. $50 a box for 380 acp told me to never go in again. Yes they got to make a buck but geez, buy up all the ammo and double the prices to your customers. Normally a business won't last long like this and grifters move on to new territory.

jj

Yes BUT Im sure like alot of other people here I dont have an great job and as stupid as it sounds its hard for me to just save up 500 or 600 bucks in just a few months .. Soo if i see it there i put it on layaway.

Next time you go in tell him what people are saying about his ammo trick and his commercial:D He might give you a better deal to keep you as a customer.:s0114: I bought alot of guns from him over the years and have been a good customer. Never again.

He can keep his guns and high priced ammo. There are alot of places to buy from that give better prices on new guns. Sure make a profit but if you take unfair advantage by buying up all the ammo then no way you get my business.

jj

If I want used now I go to Rangemaster Gunworks or Ace Buyers. New guns I wait and buy from Keiths in Gresham ( he goes to most gunshows). I don't like Keith but he is more than fair. I only talk to Keith as his help is very bad. Again it depends on what I want, there are other shops that specialize in things I like.

Alot of the shops in our area are spinoffs from Albany coin and gun. People who got their business model from them. I have always done better at gunshows.

jj

again, this is just my opinion from my dealings. Others hold him in high reguard so make up your own minds

I dont disagree with anyof you. Its messed up.. but im poor:(:(

You might not be so poor if people didn't mess with our ammo prices:D:D Few guys like this think ahead they think of only now. They drive up the ammo prices and it drives people away from shooting. However they could care less, it's about money right now.

Wonder how many young guys they drove out of shooting because the young guys don't have alot of money?

jj

I am not calling for a boycott, I am saying I personally will never buy anything from his businesses again.

So gentlemen, in your considered opinion where is a decent place to buy guns in the Albany, Corvallis, Salem area?

Blackfeather to answer your question RangeMaster Gunworks out off Highway 20 is good, ABG In Corvallis, Dan Dee Sales in Sweet Home Jack does not keep much in stock but can order anything, Also Philomouth guns is decent, Straight Shooters in Lebanon has a decent selection and good people. That should get you started.

If a business is shady in any way, I don't do business with them, even if they have great prices on something I want. It's not proper to operate that way and I would never step on someone else to make a buck.

There are things called ethics and apparently many shops do not practice them or have a honest business plan. Unfortunately, this ruins it for those that run a solid, reputable business.

Nick is a shark, you just have to realize that when dealing with him. I heard him bragging about getting a vintage Winchester from a kid who had inherited it and didn't know what he had for $35.00 and then selling it for $700.

On the plus side if he has something you really want and are willing to pay his price his layaway deal is alright. No interest, usually no time limit along as you make a minimum payment every month. Also Barbara, will ship Priority Mail through the post office for you to another ffl and save you some bucks over Fed Ex.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top