JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The proggies will be jumping on this, predictably. Blame the gun, not the human. Funny though that during the Boston Marathon incident, the media kept referring to the "bomber", not so much the bomb.

I was reading the Massad Ayoob book on concealed carry and his final talking points section had some key takeaways. One is having redundant safety measures in place because you will have a loaded lethal weapon near yourself and your family. Don't rely on only one safety measure, especially one that human error can omit.

Second he warned not to inform anyone that you carry unless absolutely necessary due to the risk of false accusations. This is even more important in the days of red flag laws where anyone can make a frivolous accusation against any gun owner and without due process your guns are seized.

Teach them young... I remember being at our neighbors house when I was 4 pushing 5 with my slightly younger girlfriend Janice, we both noticed the door to her dads shop open and a side by side shotgun leaning against the wall. Neither of us entered the shop and Janice went and got her mom to shut the door and lock it.

We were trained from a young age how to behave, even as free range children most of us survived.

It's about the children. If parents would spend more time teaching their children how to survive in today's world and less time hovering over the children trying to protect their children from it...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top