JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our Indian/Pakistani/Arabian/Baluchi etc fellow shooters and a few others of that ilk are desprit keen to fire off magazines-full into the air for any occasion that might come up - even a funeral. Scores are killed or maimed every year either by shots coming 'back atcha' or by pointing in the wrong direction during the festivations. The usual culprit is an AK of some kind held in one hand and waved around. I hafta say it cheers me up no end...... ;) In this occasion a child was sat beside this moron when he shot himself clear through the hand...

WARNING - GRAPHIC!!!!!

Last Edited:
From the article:
Now, both children are pleading for people to think before firing their guns in the air.

Like this will ever stop stupid dumbazzes from shooting in the air.
And, unfortunately, it's incidents like these that give ammo to those looking to put an end to private gun ownership.

I've never understood shooting off into the sky. Gunshots aren't that exciting. The big sparkler I got from the local church fundraiser was noise and sparky goodness for a few minutes straight. Safer, more entertaining, not damaging to anyone's ears, neighborhood kids love it…

Of all the choices available to people, I don't get why they choose dumbassery.

I knew he was still alive.

1_16a07fe5d7d.1962857_3921430725_16a07fe5d7d_large.jpg

Gotta be somebody here that can do the math of what speed a falling 115 gr bullet would reach? And with what force it would carry if it hit someone direct in the bean. Is it really going to "kill and maim"?

Ah, found something...

I only did that ONCE, many years ago on a new years eve at midnight with my 10-.22. As I recall it wasn't all that exciting and I never had the urge to do it again.

Now, a couple of 12 gauge shotgun blasts out on the veranda! That's what joe biden wants us to use instead of shooting the bad guys.

Last Edited:
From Another article:

A bullet fired straight up, with no wind, might reach a height of 10,000 feet (about three kilometers), but will come back down at only around 150 miles per hour: just 10% of the speed and with only 1% of the energy as the originally fired bullet.

But this part from the posted article makes no sense:

"If he was not looking at the sky he could die, because it could have gone through his head," Lopez said. "So he almost died from that."

From Another article:

A bullet fired straight up, with no wind, might reach a height of 10,000 feet (about three kilometers), but will come back down at only around 150 miles per hour: just 10% of the speed and with only 1% of the energy as the originally fired bullet.

"If he was not looking at the sky he could die, because it could have gone through his head," Lopez said. "So he almost died from that."
From that article I almost wonder if that bullet had been fired from less than 90%/strait up?

That's what they want the ignorant to believe. Like a Chicken Noodle Network story.

I know it sounds ridiculous to be yapping how a falling bullet isn't likely to kill someone. It's even dumber to be shooting in the air.

From Another article:

I read the article and it seems to imply that the trajectory was such that the bullet passed through the kid's head but only hit a couple of teeth. Presumably, if we rotate his head 90 degrees to the sky, the trajectory could have been much more significant.

Traffic barrels could have prevented all of this.

From Another article:

Depends on the round, 150 mph is 2200 fps, which is considerably faster than a zippy 357mag at full tilt.

*Edit* apparently I can't Google math...

Last Edited:
Depends on the round, 150 mph is 2200 fps, which is considerably faster than a zippy 357mag at full tilt.
Actually, it's about 220 fps terminal velocity. That's about the speed of a slow paintball, or a BB from a Daisy BB gun. Not very comfortable, but probably not lethal.
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 4.17.15 PM.png

Our Indian/Pakistani/Arabian/Baluchi etc fellow shooters and a few others of that ilk are desprit keen to fire off magazines-full into the air for any occasion that might come up - even a funeral. Scores are killed or maimed every year either by shots coming 'back atcha' or by pointing in the wrong direction during the festivations. The usual culprit is an AK of some kind held in one hand and waved around. I hafta say it cheers me up no end...... ;) In this occasion a child was sat beside this moron when he shot himself clear through the hand...

WARNING - GRAPHIC!!!!!

Looked like he killed his middle finger.
Won't be flippin' the bird with that hand anymore.

I read a study of indirect fire with the 45-70, made during the Civil War, (405 GR. bullet) it was found that the bullets when fired into the air, would pierce up to 8" of oak timber at a distance of 1 mile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top