JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Easy way to deduce the actual effect of government legislation is to completely invert the title.

Firearms Owners Protection Act - Denying Firearms Act
Patriot Act - Raping the Constitution Act
Affordable Health Care for America Act - Forever Trillion Dollar Deficit Act
Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act - Enshrining Too-Big-to-Fail Bailouts Act
Social Security Act - Fiscal Timebomb Act
Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act - Drug Abuse/Violence Inducement Act
Common Sense CHL Act - Pelosi's Delusional Missing the Point Act

and so forth.

I am in the firm belief that ALL government officials as well as workers should be required to complete the same form as we do to aquire a firearm as well as the same background check. Just how many of these so called do gooders would pass the same as we have to in order to hold their positions. I would like to see them all subjected to the same UA as most every American does to aquire a job in the private sector wheather currently in office or new. I also believe that at the door of any meeting place where votes are taken that affect the general populace have breath anylizers installed and if you flunk you are immediately removed from office. If a UA comes back positive they are removed from office also. How many bussinesses have a zero tolerence policy and the teachers for example have no policy. Do we want a bunch of drug or alchohol induced people creating the laws that the rest of us must abide by or do we want laws made by people that are held to the same standard we are............I know, I know but I can dream cant I........end rant.

I truly believe that there are no longer dumb democrats...although we may all see legislation like the above utterly useless and stupid, democrats are opportunists. Gun control has little to do about guns as much as it does control. What does ammunition stamping do? What does increasing the standards of CHL procedures do? What does increasing CHL costs do? They do nothing but make it harder for law abiding citizens to get and carry guns...that's it.

Legislators know how to get rid of the "gun show loophole". All you need is a 1-800 FBI criminal check number that checks people's criminal history without needing to add firearm information or FFL information.

Want crime to stop at the boarder areas? Bring our troops back and put them on the boarders.

There is nothing sensible about what this ditzy senator does. Boxer has helped drag CA down into the mire it is now. There will be something in this bill that hurts all gun owners, despite the reported name. I don't trust Boxer any farther than my girl friend could throw her.

THey are turning "common sense" into a dirty word, Sorry for the good people of CA but don't come here and defficate in my kitchen!
No, common sense became a dirty phrase long ago. I hope someone else besides the gun grabbers did that so I can give someone else credit. The problem using "common sense", "sensible", and "reasonable" it that they are divisive terms. Only crazy, fringe groups who eat babies would oppose these "common sense" laws. Except for the hyperbole that's pretty much what they have done. They cry common sense but their tactics appeal purely to emotion. These vultures will capitalize on anything they can.

I have a real problem when an anti gunner introduces any thin that says common-sense. I do not trust the fed. gov. with any gun law..........

I can just see what there minimum standards for granting permits are.....

I see a real problem here. The use of the phrase "Common Sense" and Washington DC and then have Barbra Boxer involved. This is an oxymoron. When was the last time anything like common sense came out of any government entity. I have a better idea, how about we enforce the laws on the books currently before they dump more on us.

While this concept of a national CHL sounds really great to everyone so we can carry in all states is really just a way to get a Federal database hit list for future gun confiscation Only a con artist lib like boxer in a non carry state could make it sound great with great conscenquences. We know the Feds will abuse the privacy, possible the states will join in especially CA our best privacy will be the counties especially if they are rural.

Boxer is the same elitist bubblegum that got nearly 100,000 people to contact her about the TARP program with something like 96% telling her that they are against it, and said "people just don't understand...." and then and voted for it.
This is the same ditz with saggy tits that when called "Ma'am" by a general during some senate hearings, she asked him to refer to her as "Senator" because "she worked very hard for that title". (watch it on youtube - YouTube - Senator Barbara Boxer: "Don't Call Me Ma'am" - General Michael Walsh)
Yet Kalifornians re-elected her. Hey FU Kalifornia, you are a bunch of dumb nubs.

I would guess that one of the lessor evils of such legislation would require (like in CA and NV) that any weapon you carry concealed must be registered to you and be listed by SN on file with the issuing agency. So - if you and your spouse both carry no trading off, also if your buddy has a gun you are considering for carry - no borrowing it for a week to see how it carries for you. Bought a new gun - gotta go down and file the SN on your permit. Well - you get the idea.

Maybe what we need is for a pro-gun Senator to "call her bluff" and publicly offer to "compromise" on a deal that would require consistent shall-issue laws plus reciprocity for all 50 states. Somthing tells me that isnt really the sort of "common sense" that she had in mind.

Maybe what we need is for a pro-gun Senator to "call her bluff" and publicly offer to "compromise" on a deal that would require consistent shall-issue laws plus reciprocity for all 50 states. Somthing tells me that isnt really the sort of "common sense" that she had in mind.

I'm all for that! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads