JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get sized by a pro
Try different bows in your price range.
Get some lessons
Get in shape to track your prey once you've hit it.

I suggest a trip south to Springfield to the Bowrack. I'm fours away and if my bow needs a tune (better than I can do) I go there. Worth the trip and there are shops closer. To my north and south.

You have to try different models and sizes. Axle length, brace height, draw and speed all affect your comfort and accuracy shooting. I still have my first Bear recurve, circa 1972. I prefer hunting elk with my compound. For me it's simply a smoother draw and more accurate at distance.

So dry different models, speed bows, smooth draw bows, traditional and compound and you will discover what works best for you. There's nothing quite like getting in a herd, hearing them, smelling them, and then seeing 'em.

Last Edited:
1. Your gear doesn't matter as much as you want it to. Get something that works, you'll throw most of it away after season 3.

2. The wind is your friend and worst enemy. Learn to pay attention to it.

3. You're a lot noisier in the woods than you think you are.

4. You have to pack that big bastard out after you kill it. Usually in 3-5 trips. Are you in that kind of shape?

5. Find a good recipe for tag soup, you'll use it a lot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top