JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While not Bow Hunting, I found a few other videos very appealing to my needs. I need to get out more.

This kid, not an iota of excitement. His dad wets himself.

While not Bow Hunting, I found a few other videos very appealing to my needs. I need to get out more.

This kid, not an iota of excitement. His dad wets himself.
Sorry but the second vid makes me mad. And you can read my comment that tells dad to teach the kid to hunt now.
A friend knew a guy who filmed those type hunts. Said they didn't find half of the animals those type guys shot.

I was sitting on the bank of a coastal lake, just after dawn, trout fishing. A BIG bull and three cows ghosted out of the woods behind me and had a drink within a couple of feet of me!
A. When you're sitting, virtually, under a bull elk they are real big!
B. Those things are quiet!
C. I didn't spoil me rompers!:D

Post # 3 vids. Those guys are a bunch of dumb f*cks and don't deserve the privilege to hunt! That kid wasn't excited because, the stock is what builds the adrenalin, the first vid. Is a prime example!!

Stacy

Last Edited:
Sorry but the second vid makes me mad. And you can read my comment that tells dad to teach the kid to hunt now.
A friend knew a guy who filmed those type hunts. Said they didn't find half of the animals those type guys shot.
i agree. why would you take a 1000+ yard shot at an elk and risk losing it. learn how to hunt!! will bring much more satisfaction.

Sorry? They are hunting. They are using the same tools an everyday hunter is. Only better.

I still get a rush, stalking my prey. Most times I went hunting four leggers, adrenaline dump.
I get a rush watching videos. Guided hunts, that's not hunting. Open land, that's not hunting.

I can see the value in marksmenship to hit an animal at that distance, but to me I fear wounding an animal more than anything so if I'm not confident I'm going to make it a quick kill I won't take that shot. At 1000+ there's too much that can change your round or impact your placement.

But that first video. Dang! My heart would have been beating so hard it would have scared the elk away.

I'm not sure I could make that shot after almost hugging that bull.

IMO people rifle hunters that hunt in this manner, they are not true sportsmen to the reason for being there. When the animal has no chance out of instinct, what's the point.

There is a ranch back behind my dads place in Idaho near Yellowstone where they raise elk specifically to be trucked in to private ranches for the pay2hunt crowd. I have some great pics of these enormous bulls who didn't seem too concerned about my very close proximity. I've seen big cattle haulers coming out of that place full of these desensitized elk, so it seems reasonable one could be quite close and not spook them.

There is a ranch back behind my dads place in Idaho near Yellowstone where they raise elk specifically to be trucked in to private ranches for the pay2hunt crowd. I have some great pics of these enormous bulls who didn't seem too concerned about my very close proximity. I've seen big cattle haulers coming out of that place full of these desensitized elk, so it seems reasonable one could be quite close and not spook them.
The bull in the first video, the bow hunter, was big but it certianly did no appear to be a planted bull. Not near that big.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top