JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
8014052A-5244-4C83-9A1C-F4B71587DB23.jpeg

Any update on this project? I just ordered the same rifle and am curious how the rail and scope are working out. I already have a Dead Air Mask but need to pick up a few more mags beside the rail, rings, and scope.

I'm getting ready to set mine up. I'd be interested in further information about what Picatinny rails if any, optics and ammo you all have chosen in topping your rifles out. I've got the 457 Varmint and intend to use it for informal target/plinking from 50-200 yards. One thing I have heard is that if I go with a 25 MOA rail I might have difficulty zeroing at 50 yards which may not be a problem since in the past I have usually sighted my .22 rifles in at 100 yards. Thoughts?

Thanks,
JP9

I'm getting ready to set mine up. I'd be interested in further information about what Picatinny rails if any, optics and ammo you all have chosen in topping your rifles out. I've got the 457 Varmint and intend to use it for informal target/plinking from 50-200 yards. One thing I have heard is that if I go with a 25 MOA rail I might have difficulty zeroing at 50 yards which may not be a problem since in the past I have usually sighted my .22 rifles in at 100 yards. Thoughts?

Thanks,
JP9
58336F61-59C0-4E65-B9C4-A44BEEA16991.jpeg DE2137B7-F41E-451F-A753-B18735C3902A.jpeg
50 yards from a bench rest, 5 shot groups (yes, including the lower left corner of the left target) shot with my original CZ 455 Standard, right Target with newer CZ 455 American synthetic stock. Standard wears an original Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 SF scope in Talley rings, while American makes do with a Burris MSR 4.5-14 mil dot in Warne rings. No rail, just claw attachment. Started out with CCI Standard ammo, but since the price difference has narrowed with the plandemic, et al, splurged on a brick of SK Standard Plus, which made a substantial improvement in both rifles at both 50 and 100 yards. To be fair, the American target was shot with more windy conditions at 90 degrees plus.

I just finished my CZ project today. Well, almost. I want to pull the barrel and have it threaded and I'm waiting on a DIP bolt handle and may add their aluminum mag well also. But for now I'm happy. It's a 457 Varmint in 22LR with a Dip 25moa rail, Leupold PRW2 rings and a Meopta 3-18x56 FFR scope with an MRAD illuminated ret. I've added a Harris bipod and did some trigger work. The trigger was factory set at three pounds which was a little too heavy for me. My 452 has a lovely trigger with an Ace hardware spring in it. I looked all over the hardware store the other day before coming home and finding a suitable spring for the 457 out in the barn. I have it currently set at a pound and a quarter.

IMG_0774.JPG

Last week I did some .22 Long Rifle ammunition testing in my recently acquired CZ 457 MTR, CZ 457 LUX and Savage Mark II. The ammunition tested came directly to my shop in the Big Brown truck from Minneapolis where CCI ammunition is now made, or so I've heard:
FSS2A5S.jpg
I also tried some of the SK Rifle Match to see how that stuff shot:
VB0LQse.jpg
r7LA61S.jpg
DpOZ9QO.jpg
All the shooting was done on my range out back to my 35 meter target stand.
I've heard and read where others have mentioned that with the CZ 457 MTR, the bolt turn down is a bit stiff when charging a round into the chamber. Yup! It does that and here's why:
0sADY49.jpg
All the chambered rounds were engraved by the rifling just past the leade, which allegedly makes the rifle a bit more accurate.
I really like the CZ 457 MTR and the CZ 457 LUX, and even my CZ 455 FS shoots really well for a full stock rifle:
DWnOhXb.jpg
It does pretty darn well with Norma TAC22:
kUsGKdD.jpg
nfDTTL4.jpg
irwXu3q.jpg

Here's my new 457 LUX (.22LR), bought box stock off of the shelf, new from my local HW store.

Almost tripped over myself getting my wallet out!

20210428-181548.jpg

Got so excited, I almost wet myself!

Was testing some more ammunition from my CZ 457 MTR yesterday:
MYLiNDdl.jpg
It really likes this:
7AaCuL6l.jpg
I also shot the "Tack-Driver Challenge" at 45 yards with RWS R100 ammunition:
VSJ2cDnl.jpg
Had a few "awsh!ts", but for the most part, it shot well.
One brand of .22 rimfire to avoid is, CCI Vellocitors. They will NOT fully chamber.

The 457 solves the two things I dislike most about my 455. The safety and trigger guard.
Yah! That strap steel trigger guard that came on my CZ 455 FS was replaced with a t-guard by DIP. The strap steel "thing" just took away from the cosmetics of the whole package, and now with the DIP t-guard, it shoots much, much better. ;) :

HqP49ME.jpg

Crazy I bought the same exact CZ 457 and I need to pick it up from my FFL guy. I got a CZ 25 MOA 11mm scope base and a Vortex 4x24x50 Strike Eagle scope with Vortex Pro medium rings, I hope they fit correctly. I plan on trying to do some longer shooting to practice and get better at the art of long range shooting. Congratulations on the gun CZ 457 are hard to come by right now. I want the American in the walnut stock eventually.