JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last week I bought 3000 rounds of Winchester 9mm. And dang it, this topic here got me to open every 50rnd box to check for shortage.
It was quite the chore, but all are accounted for.

Last week I bought 3000 rounds of Winchester 9mm. And dang it, this topic here got me to open every 50rnd box to check for shortage.
It was quite the chore, but all are accounted for.

What, did you get a great price on it to buy 3K? Like less than $10.00/50? When I bought by the K I got PMC. Never an issue with that and the brass was just right for reloading, not too soft/not too brittle, with primer pocket the same!

I think the issue has just been with the Winchester White Box, that must be the stuff that was kicked off the line of the good stuff and dropped into "White Boxes"

Nothing surprises me from the big manufacturers anymore. Ive had 6 (!) Remington 700s over the last 10 years that had serious headspace issues.

Remington, a rifle that you used to be able to trust your life with.
Now? With trigger issues that were covered up for years, head spacing issues and QC problems I'll never by another rifle from them and haven't for a decade or more.
Just me though I guess, they still have their die hard fans.

Remington, a rifle that you used to be able to trust your life with.
Now? With trigger issues that were covered up for years, head spacing issues and QC problems I'll never by another rifle from them and haven't for a decade or more.
Just me though I guess, they still have their die hard fans.
Go check out the new Noslers. Slam the bolt down and it will fire. Not every company is without its issues.

Go check out the new Noslers. Slam the bolt down and it will fire. Not every company is without its issues.

Understood, yet a bastion of "made in America" that was Remington falling from grace in quality and workmanship and deviously hiding it while people were being accidentally killed by a product they knew was an issue doesn't set well with this old redneck ridge runner

dyjital, sir I'm checking regarding the Nosler issue, but can't find any reference to it. I'm not questioning you in anyway but was hoping that perhaps you could send a link to it my way.
I've been looking at them with a wondering eye my Old m-70 is a bit jealous of.
Thanks in advance.

I worked for JOE'S before the down fall and we had all sorts of trouble with ammo coming up short a round or two, or a box! Didn't matter witch brand it was. The store Loss prevention officer was all ways on the look out for people stealing ammo. You would not believe some of the things people would do. Do your self a huge favor ( especially with gourmet ammo) and open the box and make sure that what is inside is what you are paying $55 bucks a box for! Seen that a lot.

Dicks Sporting goods is a friggin joke!!! That place is so predatory of its employees and customers. A real sham that one. Go in to order something, and its not available, even tho the web site says available in THAT store. They jack the prices on every thing, then mark it down as "ON SALE" and dry rape ya then any why. Never was or will be a "SPORTING GOODS STORE" like Fishermans Marine, or Dare I say it Cabelles! If they were even close to what G.I.Joes was, then we might have something!

STAY OUT OF DICKS SPORTING GOODS!!!!! Your wallet will thank you and so will your piece of mind. DO not feed the monster troll that is DiCKS

Have had a few bad experiences with the Remington 700 in the last few years. MIM metal parts where steal is the norm, a trigger that is unsafe at best, and head spacing that any rookie would notice as wrong. Cutting costs in production is one thing, making a cheepo version of a other wise good rifle is just not good for any one. When I look at a REM 700 I expect to see a few things! I expect to see a steal trigger loop and bottom metal! I expect to see a nice and tight fit of all parts, and I expect to have a bolt that runs as smooth a glass and dosn't dry fire when closing! For Remington to now charge you extra for this is just pure horseS&&%^!!! I ended up purchasing a SAKO instead of one of those that could of been a Remington, and a Ruger for the other one! I really did want a 700 for those two rifle needs, but was very disappointed with what I found!!!

@salmonriverjohn
I was at Coastal Farm & Supply in Albany yesterday buying the XD Mod.2 when the guy behind the counter was showing a Kimber rifle go a guy and he was like "yeah, don't worry it's not like this Nosler" That's when he grabbed the rifle from the shelf. Slowly closed the bolt and slowly put the lever down, perfect. Then it was a slow bolt close and a flick of the lever down... hammer dropped. I was amazed that a rifle of that cost would do that.

Nosler 30 or a Nosler 28. I can't remember which one it was. New rifle so I doubt we will see much of it right away. Go check one out. Verify and report back. Saw it first hand or I wouldn't have probably believe it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top