JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After months of research and comparing I decided to go with a CZ 75B Cold War Commemorative Edition as my first gun. I was looking for a regular 75B but couldn't find one locally for a fair price. Then I stumbled upon one of these at the gun show last week for the same price, and because I love the original hammer I couldn't pass it up. It's everything I wanted and a little more. :D

I'm sure some people would consider it more of a collector's piece, but it's just a really awesome pistol to me, so needless to say it won't be sitting around gathering dust. I've put 150 rounds through it up in the snow so far without a hiccup and I LOVE it. It's so much fun to shoot, really accurate out of the box, and feels amazing in my hands. :s0155: Thank you to everyone who made suggestions and answered my questions and helped me make my decision. You guys are awesome.

Btw, for those of you who suggested Glocks, I see now why you like em. I tried a few and they were great. :s0155: My next pistol will probably be a Glock 19. ;)

Here's mine
my_cz-75cwce_750x563_01.jpg my_cz-75cwce_750x563_02.jpg my_cz-75cwce_750x563_03.jpg my_cz-75cwce_750x563_04.jpg my_cz-75cwce_750x563_05.jpg

my_cz-75cwce_750x563_03.jpg

my_cz-75cwce_750x563_04.jpg

my_cz-75cwce_750x563_01.jpg

my_cz-75cwce_750x563_02.jpg

my_cz-75cwce_750x563_05.jpg

Thanks, and NO WAY! lol. Having smaller hands, I get more leverage with the original and cocking and decocking is a breeze. And it just looks nice imo.

Haha, I like it. I love CZ-75s. When I first saw the "cold war commemorative edition" I lol'd heartily. Czech's hated being under soviet control which was the whole reason behind starting the Ceska Zbrojovka gun company. It was to give them the middle finger and say "HA, we can make better guns than you!" As such, putting the hammer and sickle and red star on a CZ gun is highly ironic. :)

Yeah, I don't exactly understand why the Czechs would put soviet symbols on anything, but the hammer/sickle/star are the most recognized symbols associated with the cold war and it's probably mostly a selling factor/novelty. Or maybe they just have a sick sense of humor. :p Either way, I love my gun. They can put anything they want on it as long as it's a 75 and shoots like one. I'm not trying to make any statements with it. Although I'm kinda fond of the Cyrillic writing since I'm learning Russian.

I had a Glock that I was happy with... and a Sig. Then I shot a CZ-75. Sold both the Glock and Sig the next day. That was sometime in the late 90s. I have a couple pre B, a B and a couple others. They are addictive guns. I've had a hard time getting into other handguns since getting CZs. The only other other platform I really seem to enjoy is the 1911... and every time I think of getting one, I come home with another CZ instead

Congrats on your first CZ!

Haha, I like it. I love CZ-75s. When I first saw the "cold war commemorative edition" I lol'd heartily. Czech's hated being under soviet control which was the whole reason behind starting the Ceska Zbrojovka gun company. It was to give them the middle finger and say "HA, we can make better guns than you!" As such, putting the hammer and sickle and red star on a CZ gun is highly ironic. :)

None of that is historically accurate. All of the CZ factories that existed during the Cold War, came into existance long before the Soviet domination of the Czechs; in fact CZ firearms have been around since before the Soviet Union even existed. Their newer factories, didn't open until long after the fall of the USSR.

Nice pistol! The Cold War Commemorative is a little over the top for my tastes, but the CZ 75 is a great gun regardless. Mine is my favorite 9mm - when I took it shooting for the first time, it just felt 'right.' I like it so much, I'm almost tempted to start picking up other CZ-pattern guns like EEA & Tanfoglio Witnesses and a Jericho 941.

cz001b.jpg

Good choice, CZ's are great guns. If you do buy a G19 next you'll be on the right track ;)

:)

Wanted a CZ Rami 9mm for a long time. Finally bought one about a year ago. I really need a large frame 9mm and I have been looking at CZs.
The Rami is a great gun. That 75B looks very nice.

I'd recommend it. They're great guns for a great price. If you get one you'll have to let me know if you like it or the Rami better. :)

I had a Glock that I was happy with... and a Sig. Then I shot a CZ-75. Sold both the Glock and Sig the next day. That was sometime in the late 90s. I have a couple pre B, a B and a couple others. They are addictive guns. I've had a hard time getting into other handguns since getting CZs. The only other other platform I really seem to enjoy is the 1911... and every time I think of getting one, I come home with another CZ instead

Congrats on your first CZ!

Thanks! Addictive is right. Mine suits my needs and wants in every way and I honestly can't imagine needing anything else. Except maybe another haha. I've never fired a 1911 but I'd probably pass it up for another CZ. They're perfect in my hands, awesome to shoot, and I get more bang for my buck. ;)

I'll 'second' what just dan said.
Those surplus CZ 82s are still out there and they need homes.

Who knows, maybe someday. :)

Nice pistol! The Cold War Commemorative is a little over the top for my tastes, but the CZ 75 is a great gun regardless. Mine is my favorite 9mm - when I took it shooting for the first time, it just felt 'right.' I like it so much, I'm almost tempted to start picking up other CZ-pattern guns like EEA & Tanfoglio Witnesses and a Jericho 941.

Thanks. What's over the top about them? Except for the red paint in the star they look virtually the same from a distance, and operate identically.

That is a nice CZ. It's a cool lookin' gun and I do like the red star. I'm sure the 9mm is a soft shooter in that gun, too.
But, don't knock the 1911 till you've tried one.:s0155:

Thanks. What's over the top about them? Except for the red paint in the star they look virtually the same from a distance, and operate identically.
The star, the cryllic, the serial (starts with CCCP), the hammer and sickle. I dunno, I don't wanna get all political here, but I just think it's a bit much. Just my opinion though, rock what ya like!

edit: ^^^ 9mm is indeed soft as can be. Very low slide mass + big steel frame = almost no recoil. It's very pleasant.

That is a nice CZ. It's a cool lookin' gun and I do like the red star. I'm sure the 9mm is a soft shooter in that gun, too.
But, don't knock the 1911 till you've tried one.:s0155:

Oh, I'm not. I don't have any experience with 1911's beyond holding one and have nothing against em. I don't really have an opinion of them yet except that they're really nice looking guns. I'd love to shoot one sometime. :s0155: In fact, one of the reasons I went with a CZ 75 is because I like the slim build that's similar to a 1911, but with the double stack capacity. And the rest of the features and general feel suited my needs. But I wouldn't rule out 1911's in the future.

And thanks, it's ridiculously nice to shoot as far as 9mm goes. I think I'd run out of ammo before I'd get tired of shooting it haha.

The star, the cryllic, the serial (starts with CCCP), the hammer and sickle. I dunno, I don't wanna get all political here, but I just think it's a bit much. Just my opinion though, rock what ya like!

I disagree. I don't care what's stamped on it as long as it works for me and keeps me safe. But whatever blows your skirt up.

The 85 combat in 9MM is nice 'cause it comes without the firing pin block, making the trigger pull a tad bit smoother.
Also has an over travel adj. screw on trigger.
But then there is that compact alloy PCR. Ohh Nice shooters all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top