JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Correct, a handgun across state lines requires an FFL even among family members.

Unless you're dead. From that atf reference, #2

"Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent. See 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5)."

Since the disclaimer has already been stated...
I'm fairly certain that since he is an AZ resident and you are doing the transfer there it is fine, however I believe immediate family is exempt from most of the transfer laws any way.

Edit: I guess the ATF is thicker than blood...

Last Edited:
Unless you're dead. From that atf reference, #2

"Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent. See 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5)."

True, but that is not the thread topic. ;)

I would suspect that the OP isn't too interested in taking advantage of that particular loophole to get the new revolver to his father. :)

The would be my guess as well.

Hey, we're dang near neighbors! I'm in Baker...:s0115:

I'm soooooo sorry! :p;):D

Just kidding! I have a brother-in-law in Baker. (Love it that you don't call it "Baker City"... me too)

Let's get together and have a cold one sometime!!! Or go shoot. LGRPC has 3 ranges up the Grande Ronde river.

I'm soooooo sorry! :p;):D

Just kidding! I have a brother-in-law in Baker. (Love it that you don't call it "Baker City"... me too)

Let's get together and have a cold one sometime!!! Or go shoot. LGRPC has 3 ranges up the Grande Ronde river.
thats sounds like a Barely Browns or Side "A" kind of deal!;) After some lead exchange...

Last Edited:
I would suspect that the OP isn't too interested in taking advantage of that particular loophole to get the new revolver to his father. :)
Now that you mention it...I have entertained the idea of maxing my credit cards on a world wide wild ride and then faking my death and spending the rest of my days on a beach in a second/third world country.

Hmmmm....:D

Now that you mention it...I have entertained the idea of maxing my credit cards on a world wide wild ride and then faking my death and spending the rest of my days on a beach in a second/third world country.

Hmmmm....:D

I spent some vacay time looking at homes in the ex-pat community at Teacapan with a buddy... turns out neither of our wives would go for it!! So much for cerveza, ceviche, surf, and sand.

I spent some vacay time looking at homes in the ex-pat community at Teacupan with a buddy... turns out neither of our wives would go for it!! So much for cerveza, ceviche, surf, and sand.
Yea I've got a daughter to raise now. But maybe for retirement...should have much more in available credit by then too ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top