JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking for a G34 for a while now and found one on Armslist.com
at a shop on Vashon Island bear Seattle at a place called Gid-R-Dun Rod and gun.
The correspondance was great we made the deal and I sent the money as they wished, and he sent the handgun down right away.
I picked up the gun at Brightwater Ventures and I should have inspected closer, but once I got it home and took it apart the gun was disgustingly filthy.
Ad said it only had 100 rounds through it and had been kelt in a safe, had a ported barrel, and an extra magazine.
Well it camewith only the original two mags, no ported barrel, and looked like it had a least 1000 rounds through it with never been cleaned. Spent and hour and a half cleaning it, scraping off the built up gunk!
This guy said he was selling it at his shop for a friend. Either way he didn't inspect the gun before sending and didn't know his A from a hole in the ground.
I emailed him to ask for a refund and of course haven't heard back.
Ijust wanted to share my experience and hope none of you find yourself in the same situation. From now on If I order a gun it will be new or buy in person.

Usually I don't get mad or ask for refunds.

Last Edited:
Unless the gun is listed as brand new I will have it in my hands for inspection before paying any $$$. I will not buy a used gun from the internet, just me. I have heard of too many stories like yours so I make my used purchases within logical driving distances to keep it within my budget. Good luck with your ordeal Sir.

Yeah lesson learned on my part. I've purchased used firearms before and have seen some pretty dirty, but nothing like this.

I got in a rush to buy one. Couldn't find a G34 anywhere. And this ad stated it had a ported barrel. Burned. My fault looking back I wish I would have just refused the gun, but then I feel like I would be in a worse position with no gun or money.
I figured I will post my experience on a few outdoors/fishing/firearms sites and karma will come back to this guy.
If I don't get a refund I'm going to BBB. Haven't decided if I would go to small claims or not.

first off how did you miss a ported barrel, and secondly you have been around long enough to know you can't believe the round count meter because they always break with the first shot.

Yes I knew right away the barrel wasn't ported. And when I asked him about it he said the barrel port was the slide cut out, and that is considered a barrel port to reduce recoil. I wanted to slap him through the phone.
He did contact me and after talking he agreed to give me a full refund.

And I went down to NW Armory and they were stocked wall to wall with EVERYTHING!
All cases full of guns, full of ammo, and mags, prices were about average, but not bad.
I bought a brand new G34 for less than the used one.
Shame on me for acting like a noob.
Of course feel like an idiot and did everything wrong.

Live an learn.

I stop by NW Armory ever couple month and have never seen the amount of inventory they had today and always helpful. I'll be buying there again. I actually almost bought two guns.

Yeah maybe when I stop acting like an idiot rookie firearms owner I'll buy a man's gun.

I have to say the guy from Gid-R-Dun apologized up and down and had no problem giving me a refund. I appreciate that even with the trouble.

Yeah everyone does stupid things. I do it a lot, maybe I'm just used to admitting it because my wife saying I'm stupid all the time.

I think after meeting so many trust worthy firearms owners especially on here, you get a false sense of security and maybe get rushed into acting quickly and thinking slowly.

I hope it just a reminder for others. And maybe taking enough hazing you all these guys and girls that may make me think more next time.

Just a couple comments on used guns.

As posted good pics are a must.

Second is IF you get a bad looking gun take your own pics PRIOR to cleaning or doing ANYTHING to the gun. I sold an AR to a guy several years ago on GB. He had several vague complaints but one was how dirty the gun was. He talked about the lower being so dirty the hammer was caked with build up. I said send me pics because I knew there was no way it could be that way. Of course he had "cleaned it all up" and I needed to take his word for it. The lower was brand new as I had bought it for the upper. It still had the hang tag on the lower showing when it was made and the 5 test rounds fired.

Needless to say I did not refund the guy.

So i jus got an angry call from the owner of this shop after he saw this post.

I did state above he called and apologized and returned my money.

I don't want to erase this because I think it's a good reminder.

BUT i do want to reiterate that the owner did drive down to vancouver and took the gun back, gave me a full refund including tax, and shipping which i didn't expect.
And apologized again. I don't think this was a guy that was trying to do anything shady or otherwise untruthful.
I don't want anyone to not deal with him because of this incident. He was very kind and respectful and treated me like i would expect a owner of a business to treat a customer. In the end he took care of me.

I know our names mean a lot to us and most of us a handshake goes a long way. I don't want his name or his business name to suffer for a misunderstanding or mine with someone thinking i jus rat on him when he made good on his word.

This guy said he was selling it at his shop for a friend. Either way he didn't inspect the gun before sending and didn't know his A from a hole in the ground.
I emailed him to ask for a refund and of course haven't heard back.
Ijust wanted to share my experience and hope none of you find yourself in the same situation. From now on If I order a gun it will be new or buy in person.

Usually I don't get mad or ask for refunds whatever but this guy either too stupid to have an FFL or runs a shady business.[/QUOTE]

I'd think that maybe this part may have been a little much, you can't really blame the guy for being offended

HI, I actually know two of the three parties in this transaction, Gid R Dun as well as the pistol owner. Clearconscience (CC) needs to change his name. True the barrel was not ported, the slide simply had the factory ports/opening in it (but this was clear from the pictures) an extra mag means two mags with the gun every time i have ever bought one. Most folks that shoot a bit know that even though a second mag sells new with the gun it does not always stay with the gun.

Regarding the guns usage, CC clearly does not know what the hell he is talking about. The original owner of the gun buys and try's guns ALL the time, and virtually never runs more than a box or two through a gun before he says "okay thats interesting, now i think i will try XX". If he said it was a 100 round gun trust me it was. Did the gun need cleaning.....maybe. I've been in his safe before and I'm pretty confident that the only guns in it that have had more than 100 rounds through them are his sporting clays guns.

Also, CC took long enough to "man up" as XLSLOB put it, When CC called to try to back out of the sale, Gid R Dun actually made arrangements to pick the gun up right away. So why did CC take two months to partially retract his rant?

And finally, when the gun sold to the next buyer, his comment was "are you sure this gun has really been shot 100 rounds"?

My guess is CC got a case of buyers remorse or maybe NWA got a shipment in and the buyer wanted a new gun (heck we all do) and Gid R Dun was gracious enough to take the gun back, and to make arrangements to pick the gun up. That should have been worth an immediate great service report/retraction from CC.

Regarding my "late response" I was actually googling "Gid R Dun Vashon" yesterday and CC's rant actually comes up on the first "google page" of hits. so i read it, told Gid R Dun about it (i am betting he called CC yesterday and asked WTH and that is what prompted CC to do his half *** retraction). But the more I thought about this the madder I got, because I know the two individuals on the sell side and know they are honest to a fault, so I decided to join this site and reply to CC.

HI, I actually know two of the three parties in this transaction, Gid R Dun as well as the pistol owner. Clearconscience (CC) needs to change his name. True the barrel was not ported, the slide simply had the factory ports/opening in it (but this was clear from the pictures) an extra mag means two mags with the gun every time i have ever bought one. Most folks that shoot a bit know that even though a second mag sells new with the gun it does not always stay with the gun.

Regarding the guns usage, CC clearly does not know what the hell he is talking about. The original owner of the gun buys and try's guns ALL the time, and virtually never runs more than a box or two through a gun before he says "okay thats interesting, now i think i will try XX". If he said it was a 100 round gun trust me it was. Did the gun need cleaning.....maybe. I've been in his safe before and I'm pretty confident that the only guns in it that have had more than 100 rounds through them are his sporting clays guns.

Also, CC took long enough to "man up" as XLSLOB put it, When CC called to try to back out of the sale, Gid R Dun actually made arrangements to pick the gun up right away. So why did CC take two months to partially retract his rant?

And finally, when the gun sold to the next buyer, his comment was "are you sure this gun has really been shot 100 rounds"?

My guess is CC got a case of buyers remorse or maybe NWA got a shipment in and the buyer wanted a new gun (heck we all do) and Gid R Dun was gracious enough to take the gun back, and to make arrangements to pick the gun up. That should have been worth an immediate great service report/retraction from CC.

Regarding my "late response" I was actually googling "Gid R Dun Vashon" yesterday and CC's rant actually comes up on the first "google page" of hits. so i read it, told Gid R Dun about it (i am betting he called CC yesterday and asked WTH and that is what prompted CC to do his half *** retraction). But the more I thought about this the madder I got, because I know the two individuals on the sell side and know they are honest to a fault, so I decided to join this site and reply to CC.

So, do you work there?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Funny how I have a neutral or even positive opinion of a place/person even after a complaint has been made. Then somehow after that "place/person" joins a group just to "justify" itself they do more harm then good.

I know my opinion of Gid R Dun is WAY lower then it was before post #16. At least not living in that area odds are I would not shop there anyhow. But there have been similar incidents in my area or with people on this board that have cased me not to deal with them.

OP is in Vancouver? NW Armory is in Portland? OP says he bought a Pistol from NW Armory? He doesn't mention the way the interstate transfer was handled. And wouldn't that add cost to the new Glock?

Just curious

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top