JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I was looking through my LGS inventory on Sunday and felt the call of an M&P22 which was staring at me. I took it home and to the range. It performed quite well, considering me. I have a problem which I have yet to correct. Everything shoots off to the left EXCEPT when I shoot one-handed with my off-hand (left hand) and then I do quite well.

I have the same issue with my M&P40c. So, I've gone to a left hand draw and using that hand.

But back to the 22. It was nice and smooth and had a nice trigger pull. I am glad to have it in my collection. I did have a bit of a hard time field stripping it the first time. Pulling the takedown lever out ½" like it said to do was easier said than done. But I eventually did get it and then the next time I tried it wasn't quite as rough to do.

I did like that they have the white lettering, which matches my M&P40c (as I did the fingernail polish), and I didn't have to do it myself.

Now I just need to find some .22 ammo in stock. Everywhere I go it is bare shelves.

Nice buy. I picked one up last week as well. For me it one of the big selling features is the ability to use the standard Walther thread adapter for silencers.

I put well over 100 rounds though mine last week. Basically I would fondle it for a bit then whenever I went outside for anything I would fire off a mag. I was semi worried because it feels like it has a fairly heavy slide pull compared to my other .22 pistols. I have not had one failure and am just shooting Federal Bulk pack. With all the .22's I own I have no shortage of ammo so that helps.

I have not tired to break mine down yet. I just wish I could find a few more mags. For my Kimber 1911/22 I have over a dozen mags.

I have a problem which I have yet to correct. Everything shoots off to the left EXCEPT when I shoot one-handed with my off-hand (left hand) and then I do quite well.

Right Hand Target:

correction_chart.gif

Left Hand Target:

correction_chart-lefthanded.gif

Its a great gun. I have 4000 rnds plus down mine. The slide tends to stick if you don't clean it around 2k rounds, but that is too be expected. Works great with my Sparrow can as well....

I just got mine yesterday. It too seems to shoot to the left.
That normally indicates a problem with the person behind the gun (LOL). But seriously, shoot it from a bench rest and see how it does. My wife's Shield did the same thing and so I shot it from the bench rest and found that it shot spot on so it was me who was having the problem.

Its a great gun. I have 4000 rnds plus down mine. The slide tends to stick if you don't clean it around 2k rounds, but that is too be expected. Works great with my Sparrow can as well....

I can't wait until my Sparrow is released from NFA prison so I can try it on my M&P22.

Best of luck finding additional mags for it. If you can find the 10 rounders, they can be made to hold 12 rounds.

If you are on target off handed, and to the left when shooting dominate or two handed I am going with you are the problem. You are doing something with the trigger pull that is putting you to the left.

There is a target, (sure someone will find it), that is broken down into a pie type thing and if you are shooting into one area of the pie (target) you are doing this, that, or the other thing. The pie/target tells you what you are doing wrong, jerking trigger etc.

I tend to shoot low, and I forget what that means on the pie/target.

I carry a full size M&P VTAC 9 and when I saw the .22 come out it was a no brainer! Brought it home and cleaned it, took it to the range, ran 300 rnds of various ammo through it and then started passing it around to other shooters. Everyone that shot it fell in love. One shooter had a sig .22 and traded it in on a M&P the next day. My wife loves shooting it as well. Put a laser on it for extra fun.
You wont regret your purchase! You will regret not grabbing extra mags and tons of ammo.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top