JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got tired of handing a guy twenty bucks to disappear in the back of a gun shop and possibly come back with a scratched slide. It's happened a couple of times at least.
So I was on the Brownell's site for something else and just went ahead and added it to the order on general principle. It's from Wheeler and it looks to be relatively universal. There were other choices, but this fit my budget and wasn't so specialized as to be almost useless for my purposes.

Now I can make my own scratches.

Post it?

I'm finally going to get one too. Had the local shop put my last on, less concerned with a few scuffs as I am with being able to make adjustments... finally got out to shoot and I think the rear is a hair to the left....

My brother just got the new M&P 2.0, so I figure he'll might need it soon too. (prefers TFO's)

Look really nice. Let us know your review!

I'm looking at this one, but won't be ordering for a few weeks.

61eAu3kRk7L._SL1000_.jpg

It's $100 shipped.

I'm still shopping around, but I just want it to be useful on as many applications as possible.

That way I can loan it out to any buddies who want to do the same thing and it'll pay for itself in saving them money within 3-4 uses.

Compatibility from their FAQ:
dHt2dTE.jpg

Gentlemen:
Do yourselves a favor and cut up an old credit card. Use the pieces between the contact surfaces. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how nice the sight pusher is or how careful you are, slides and sights will get scratched. Speaking from experience.

I think the only reason to not use a hammer and drift is if you have tritium sights.. so those ads clearly showing non-tritium sights being pushed is pretty odd.

I think the only reason to not use a hammer and drift is if you have tritium sights.. so those ads clearly showing non-tritium sights being pushed is pretty odd.

having done it both ways I would much rather have a sight pusher tool. A hammer and drift works fine if the fit is not that tight, but I can tell you that if it is you need way more consistent leverage and pressure than even a brass drift can wield. Also not even a sight pusher is supposed to push on the side adjacent to a tritium vial.

Being as frugal as I am, picked this up
off Amazon for 29.99. I can confirm it handles Glocks, Shields and 1911's so far...

Heed MountainBears advice, protect the slide as well as the sights, I use cut up old business cards...

675D82D4-6BFD-468A-AFE3-B09733CB8A00.jpeg

You will be pleased. I took a little "mad money" and bought the Wheeler too. The PX4 is known to be a hard push. Being the first time for me, I did not know what to expect. Did the job without incident. Nice new night sights for me :)
PS, I went to wally world and picked up a set of the plastic cutting sheets. Those can be cut up to make lots of pieces to protect slides and sights.

the Wheeler seems like a great design, its not only universal but is adjustable height wise... a few years back I ordered a Fisher Solutions Sight Pusher which works, but the exact height of the slide is determined by a shim block that bolts to the bottom of the pusher frame that has to be machined exact... which was not, I had to use it without the bottom shim block and the slide wanted to rotate when under pressure. I got it to work but it wasn't as foolproof as it appeared.
in all a good sight pusher is a good tool to have if you think at any time you'll replace the sights on at least 2 or more pistols... otherwise Im not sure the cost of the tool is worth the fee a gunsmith charges to replace a sight.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top