JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad you were successful in your quest.

F Walmart.
Thank you.
The only questions I got from bimart...
Would you like to handle the gun to make sure that's what you want ?
Do you want to purchase it?
Can I see your drivers licence to get the process started?
20 minutes I was walking to the car with it.
My answers, yes please, yes i will take it, yes sir , thank you

I have a 12GA at the gunsmith right now getting chopped to 18.5". $125.00 to cut down and put a new bead on it.

I'm only half kidding when I say this. I've done this before myself with a Ridgid pipe cutter and saved the buck and a quarter. I even drilled a tiny hole, properly centered on a non-ribbed barrel, used a tiny tap and installed my brass bead. I used an old tapered reaming tool to chamfer the rough edge out of the cut tube. It turned out really nice. Better even than the time I did pay a gunsmith to clean up a home cut-back double barrel. Hint: You can't use the Ridgid pipe cutter on a double. Or any ribbed barrel.

You said, "butt stroke".

I get those Beavis and Butt-head images in my mind when I read that. I used to sit and laugh my fanny off when I watched those; Mrs. Merkt though they were moronic.

Oh I remember practicing those vertical butt-strokes with my M14 Rifle at Fort Ord. I've never used the move myself but I remember it.

.... I plan on putting a pistol group on it, loading it with buckshot....

Awesome -- although I'm sad to have to tell you that 20 gauge buckshot shells are so rare and unavailable, I took up shotshell reloading. Seriously. I also bought the last bag of #3 buck available in America last weekend. Plenty of slugs still out there -- but better get 'em quick.

Awesome -- although I'm sad to have to tell you that 20 gauge buckshot shells are so rare and unavailable, I took up shotshell reloading. Seriously. I also bought the last bag of #3 buck available in America last weekend. Plenty of slugs still out there -- but better get 'em quick.
I think the black sheep has them not sure yet.

I'm glad you included that M14 part in there!

Oh I can't resist the following story. The employee compliment in my long time federal job included many veterans. The veteran banter was a fixture of the job. One time a veteran was discussing "where were you" with a non-vet of about the same age. At one time, the non-vet had been studying for the priesthood but had dropped out. So to cap the "discussion," the veteran tells the non-vet, "I was serving the flag when you were buttering buns in the seminary." That's one that has stuck with me.

That Maverick 88 Youth Model stock has a 12" length of pull, 5 shot magazine capacity, 22 inch BBL with a Modified choke installed.
The method of barrel attachment will not accomodate any magazine extension.

Thoughts:

The modified, (or half-choke), is generally the best choice for reasonably tight patterns with standard 20 gauge #3 Buckshot. At the same time, the modified choke is quite usable with 20 gauge Rifled Slugs.

The stock already has a molded in sling swivel mount and the hole in the barrel take-down screw is threaded for a sling swivel mount available from Mossberg.
A simple "moutain sling" with attached swivels would be a handy accessory.

There is a 3 round limit migratory bird "plug" in the magazine . To remove, dismount the barrel and shake the plug out of the takedown screw hole.

All in all a great little shotgun.

Last Edited:
That Maverick 88 Youth Model stock has a 12" length of pull, 5 shot magazine capacity, 22 inch BBL with a Modified choke installed.
The method of barrel attachment will not accomodate any magazine extension.

Thoughts:

The modified, (or half-choke), is generally the best choice for reasonably tight patterns with standard 20 gauge #3 Buckshot. At the same time, the modified choke is quite usable with 20 gauge Rifled Slugs.

The stock already has a molded in sling swivel mount and the hole in the barrel take-down screw is threaded for a sling swivel mount available from Mossberg.
A simple "moutain sling" with attached swivels would be a handy accessory.

There is a 3 round limit migratory bird "plug" in the magazine . To remove, dismount the barrel and shake the plug out of the takedown screw hole.

All in all a great little shotgun.

My Maverick 88 with a 18.5" barrel had a wood dowel in it even though does not have any threads for a choke. With a 18.5" barrel might be too short to hunt with.

My Maverick 88 with a 18.5" barrel had a wood dowel in it even though does not have any threads for a choke. With a 18.5" barrel might be too short to hunt with.

You just have to shoot within the effective pattern density range of your shot load/cylinder bore combo!

Of course that is true of any shotgun/choke/load combination.

I've hunted and gotten grouse with shotguns that had 18 - 20 inch barrels and either no choke or a Improved Cylinder choke in them.

For where I hunt...its dense woods mostly and ranges are usually short....
A gun with these lengths of barrels...seem to work just fine.
'Course as noted above...one does need to know how your load shoots out of your shotgun and choke.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR