JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well turns out I got the tracking number mixed up, won't be here until next week. Haha but I will post a review. I got really lucky and got on gun broker right when this dealer posted it buy it now.

I got to fondle one today at a Glock armorers class. It's very interesting how the baseplates on the magazines dramatically affect the size of the gun. With the stock 10 rounders, the grip is about the same as a G19, just a hair wider. With a flush 9 rounder, its barely any bigger than a 26 (lengthwise, width is still wider). I actually liked this, as it makes it very versatile for range or carry use.

I got to fondle one today at a Glock armorers class. It's very interesting how the baseplates on the magazines dramatically affect the size of the gun. With the stock 10 rounders, the grip is about the same as a G19, just a hair wider. With a flush 9 rounder, its barely any bigger than a 26 (lengthwise, width is still wider). I actually liked this, as it makes it very versatile for range or carry use.

That's exactly how they have always felt to me, although the 9rd magazine has never really been easy to get.

I'm thinking about picking up a 30S to compare to my Shield, XDS and M&P45C.

Picked it up this morning! Here she is. Should be able to shoot it sometime this next week.

First impressions are good! I am impressed with how it sits in my hand. Feels much better than other single stacks I have held (LCP, XDS) obviously the trade off is for size but VERY comfy in the hand. Seems promising!

image.jpg

Just a noob questions, why is the mag looks kinda "loose".

What you see is a pinky extension on the mag. You will see this on a lot of sub-compact guns. It gives you the flexibility to have a comfortable place for your pinky or you can remove it to make it even more compact (but usually can't grip it with the pinky).

There are "pinky extentions" that add a round to the capacity of the .45 magazine (Pearce +1)...Also, by increasing the length of the magazine, seating/locking the magazine in place is easier and more positive.

Can someone explain the new advantages of the 30s? I'm a bit confused about this new gun. Is this a 36 slide on a 30sf frame? If so, it is basically a double stack on just a slimmer slide. Someone correct me if I am mistaken. I'm just not seeing why this is a good option for carry when single stacks are out there like the 36, xds, and khar's. You get 4 more rounds is the only plus I see but at the expense of carry comfort.

Can someone explain the new advantages of the 30s? I'm a bit confused about this new gun. Is this a 36 slide on a 30sf frame? If so, it is basically a double stack on just a slimmer slide. Someone correct me if I am mistaken. I'm just not seeing why this is a good option for carry when single stacks are out there like the 36, xds, and khar's. You get 4 more rounds is the only plus I see but at the expense of carry comfort.

You are exactly right. So it's not that it is necessarily a new innovation but it is a better combo than just the 30sf. The slide is much less bulky. If you want more than 5-6 rounds of .45 but still want something that is concealable then this is a good choice. The gun is actually almost the same dimensions as my Ruger SR9C, just slightly wider but holds 10 rounds of .45. Obviously size is always the trade off for more rounds so you just have to decided which is more important.

Thank you for clarifying all this for me about the 30S. I just saw a couple of you tube videos on it and it seems to be barely bigger than a glock 26 or 27. Looks like a great new gun that definitely improves over the older 30. Congrats on your new Glock and enjoy!

Can you compare the G30S to, say a Glock 19? I heard due to the slimmer slide it will actually fit the 9/.40/.357 Sig Glock holsters. I would love to get a Glock in .45ACP and if I could reuse my current holsters that would be way nice..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top