Bought a Buckmark Hunter to replace my Challenger II

Phillyfan

Reactions
So, as some of you know, I have a Challenger II that is a great shooter, but turns out it might be fairly collectable (one of the very last Browning .22's with a steal frame ever made). Anyway, I did end up buying a new buckmark today, the hunter. Felt almost like my Challenger II in the hand and had a rail I could put some new fangled fun stuff on.

Went from the store to the range with it, and didn't shoot it, because I hadn't had a chance to clean it. Have to say, it has some pretty big shoes to fill. Even though my baby only has about 700 rounds through it, all by me, I have grown pretty loyal to it. Today was our last day as shooting partners. Shot 100 rounds at the same target, and if it were a pop can out there at 50 feet, all 100 would've hit it.

Hoping the fiber optic front site and similar grip will result in equal or better results, but have to say I am going to be pretty critical of this new gun. Might even toy with a red dot, just because I can.

Reactions
I have a buckmark that I've done a tacsol upgrade on to reduce weight. I has a Burris fastfire on it for a while and it was crazy accurate. I've since sold the red dot and just shoot open sights now, certainly not the varmit slayer without the optic. I think I'll pick up another aight for it soon. Buckmark.jpg

Reactions
I have a buckmark that I've done a tacsol upgrade on to reduce weight. I has a Burris fastfire on it for a while and it was crazy accurate. I've since sold the red dot and just shoot open sights now, certainly not the varmit slayer without the optic. I think I'll pick up another aight for it soon. Buckmark.jpg
Where did you pick up that front sight? It looks awesome and since I have the same barrel and rail I think our guns should look even more similar. ;)

Reactions

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom