JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a bag of this brass at Cabela's last month on sale and finally opened it up. The brass looks like new and goes into my case gauge nicely sized but it measures 1.740. I measured half a dozen and they are all very close tolerance but I thought that 1.750 was the short end and I always trim to 1.755 and if I go over a bit I can still hit 1.750 on a separate pile.

I put 1 thru my RCBS sizer die just to see what happens and I can get 1.742..

Any thoughts? Still fairly new to reloading and so I like to stick to the cook book as much as possible..

1.750 is Nominal
+/- .010
But .010 is a lot in relation to your taper crimp.

.010 is a football field in my trade as I split tenths (that's 50 mill) .

It's fine unless you are seating a short bullet way long, or it might not reach a cannelure the way you'd like it to. You just have a little less brass gripping your projectile. Just means you won't have to trim as soon. Measure some factory loads sometime. Depending on the company it's eye opening to see how some brands vary in brass length and oal. A good general rule of thumb for a .224 projectile is to have at least .224 of the length of the projectile seated inside the case neck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top