JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have viewed a review of the Wranglers and there is apparent recent issue with some of them locking up right out of the box. Sounds like QC is falling off.
Sad to hear. They put a yellow cylinder block in from the factory so you can't test the action. You have to remove the cylinder to get the plastic lock out. While I wish I did, at the time I didn't feel it appropriate to disassemble a gun at the Sportsman's counter to remove the lock.

I would say going forward I'll ask the worker to get the lock out, however, the point is moot; I'll not buy a new gun again as long as 114 is in place.

why would a gun be designed to only shoot a specific load? Isnt all ammo loaded to saami specifications?
Those are usually "gaming " and target guns.
Mod. 52 S&W shoots .38 sp. wadcutters.
Guys that shoot .45acp pistols often have separate guns for hardball, and wadcutters.
Guns with lighter springs, to reduce trigger pull, usually do better with "softer" primers.
Best,
Gary

concerning one of my guns in wait is wrangler. I didn't bother checking to see if the cylinder worked right. can we even ship guns off for repair? dont they have to come back to ffl and have background check preformed?

concerning one of my guns in wait is wrangler. I didn't bother checking to see if the cylinder worked right. can we even ship guns off for repair? dont they have to come back to ffl and have background check preformed?
Unless something has changed, they'll ship the gun right to you.

Newbies 3rd gun was a Ruger, man I spent some coin buying shiZ to get that thing to work right, was a budding gun smith there for a while. Fifteen guns deep and only one that refused to run.

The one thing I HATE is Ruger sending one damn mag with a new pistol. 🤬
Anytime an auto does not want to work well the first thing I try is another mag. ALL the mass manufactures are letting out a problem now and then. There is just no way around it. I have now bought 4 LCPII's. 1 in .380, 3 in .22. So far all 4 have just worked out of the box. The last 2 .22's were having trouble last trip out with some ammo that I do not know what brand it was. Had some in a container that I took and they did not like that. Put some CCI and some Fed AM in and both were fine.
Even in CF ammo its not uncommon to find a gun that for some reason does not like some brand or style in one brand. Its why I have ALWAYS bought a few boxes of something new to me before I start ordering it by the case. So for the OP I would get another mag first if you have not already. If another mag still does not make it work hopefully Ruger with either send you an RMA or the Dealer will send it back for you since they can do it FAR cheaper and easier.

why would some ammo work in a gun and not in another?
A few months ago I went looking for a Sig P322 and found none quickly available and settled for a TX22, not nearly the same

quality but it was on the shelf. So I bought it. Finally took it out 2 weeks ago and it jammed first round up every time, both magazines.

Only loaded 12 rounds in. Called Taurus, only a 15 min wait. Got a gal named Taylor, monotone voice and resistive to listening.

She asked no questions only continued to maintain that I needed to try another ammo brand. Which may have some validity.

The only thing I had with me to shoot were Win HP's. And they were hanging up on the ramp. So I will try a different ammo

before I call back. But . . . . . if a guy buys a 22 you expect it to shoot 22's. This isn't a handload issue, obviously.

A few months ago I went looking for a Sig P322 and found none quickly available and settled for a TX22, not nearly the same

quality but it was on the shelf. So I bought it. Finally took it out 2 weeks ago and it jammed first round up every time, both magazines.

Only loaded 12 rounds in. Called Taurus, only a 15 min wait. Got a gal named Taylor, monotone voice and resistive to listening.

She asked no questions only continued to maintain that I needed to try another ammo brand. Which may have some validity.

The only thing I had with me to shoot were Win HP's. And they were hanging up on the ramp. So I will try a different ammo

before I call back. But . . . . . if a guy buys a 22 you expect it to shoot 22's. This isn't a handload issue, obviously.
There is probably no round more sensitive to this than the 22 when its in an auto. It is VERY common to have one that will not play well with some kinds, VERY common. I have all my life used CCI MM as the "test". If an auto will not work with them then it most likely needs something. Now someone can be standing next to you with the exact same gun and his eats the ammo yours will not. .22's that really work with all brands are not the rule.

I have a TX22 that my son and I have shot a lot. It has been impressively reliable.

The one thing we did find that affected reliability is how you load the magazine. The rims need to be carefully staggered, and if you just dump them in when you load the magazine, it's likely to jam.

I had an issue with a new LCP Max, upon contacting them Ruger quickly sent a new slide and barrel and asked that I return the original after the replacement arrived.
Problem solved, excellent customer service.

There is probably no round more sensitive to this than the 22 when its in an auto. It is VERY common to have one that will not play well with some kinds, VERY common. I have all my life used CCI MM as the "test". If an auto will not work with them then it most likely needs something. Now someone can be standing next to you with the exact same gun and his eats the ammo yours will not. .22's that really work with all brands are not the rule.
thanks to you and CLT55. I'll give both of your suggestions a try.

I sent a sp101 22lr back they replaced everything but the frame (it shot 4 feet to the left). Then I had to send a mk IV back three times to get it to feed. But they do have awesome customer service and turn around was less then 2 weeks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top