JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the beverage distributors that hold onto the deposits, not the state.
If you throw away the container into the trash, then they keep the deposit.
Every year they get up to 30 million in free money.
Not exactly, if I recall that money does get taxed and the state does see a large portion of it.

IMO they are raising it because of the rising homeless problem in Portlandia. It's straight up wealth redistribution. You pay fee. Homeless person collects bottles you throw in recycle containers. Homeless redeems cash. Homeless buys drugs and booze and continues to live in whatever neighborhood Portland says it's okay to.

The more drugs/booze they use/consume, the quicker they "shuffle off their smelly coil". I don't give a potter's damn whether, or not, they take another breath. Somehow, we need to "cull the herd" of this self-destructive "chaff". Society will be the better for it.

I've got six 55 gallon trash bags full of aluminum cans I live in Washington would it be in my best effort to recycle them down in Oregon in June when we go to the dunes?
I have to ask how do people get paid for this in cash at the recycling center or do you have to furnish a debit card account or some crap like that?

I've got six 55 gallon trash bags full of aluminum cans I live in Washington would it be in my best effort to recycle them down in Oregon in June when we go to the dunes?
I have to ask how do people get paid for this in cash at the recycling center or do you have to furnish a debit card account or some crap like that?
You scan your receipt at the redemption center and it spits out cash. Easy speasy

When the bottle bill was written up, the State demanded that if the return ratio drops less then 80% the deposit fee goes up to a dime.
The beverage companies can now see their annual free money rise from 30 million to 60 million in unclaimed deposits.
They are real happy with this deal.

Yeah, they do a probe, and take a tissue sample, plus send you into the restroom with a little cup and a magazine. After that, who knows? Washington containers are not to be redeemed in Oregon if they haven't had the deposit paid. Maybe it's time to get on the State to get a bottle bill going up there?

PSYCHE!!! The Washington cans/bottle should be coded to not be accepted here. they didn't use to be and the Washington canners (thieves) could drive down here and steel money for cans that had no deposits paid. Wifey's store is up here close to the 205 and she was always having to boot people (thieves) that were doing it.

PSYCHE!!! The Washington cans/bottle should be coded to not be accepted here. they didn't use to be and the Washington canners (thieves) could drive down here and steel money for cans that had no deposits paid. Wifey's store is up here close to the 205 and she was always having to boot people (thieves) that were doing it.

I guess that answers my question.... But what if I consumed the WA beverages IN OREGON???? But all of the bottled water we buy has OR, HI clearly printed on them so I'd assume that I can start saving my bottles....:p:p:p:p:p

20170329_165246.jpg

As tax hungry as our politicians are, it is hard to understand why they let the unclaimed bottle deposit go to the distributors. Either they received campaign contributions from them or they are just plain dumb.

That said, I have two garbage bags full, but I won't even thing about going to the recycle center for a month. Everyone has been saving up their bottles/cans and it will be a zoo come April 1st.

Simple solution. Stop or do not drink the poison soda pop, and refill your growlers with a better beer anyway. I drink some bottled water when I am away from my normal water sources and really I could care less about the deposit.

In the time it takes me to recycle $ 20 worth of cans I can make $ 100 in one of my various income sources. Time is worth something.

That way I do not have to stop at the tweaker ATM locations and be around those types. For the youth groups doing bottle drives, I just give them
$ 10 or so and they are happy.

If my boys leave their beer cans at my place, I just throw them in the back of their pickups when they are not looking. :eek::eek:

That bottle drop thing has become the way to go. Each bag/tag costs a dime, and a quarter for them to handle, .35 cents/bag. You drive up, swipe the card and put the full bag in. No more messing with stinky, broken machines and creepy people! They keep the account and you can access it from various stores, of which some give you an additional 20% worth at their store. Means if you have $20.00 in your account it will buy $24.00 worth of goods at the participating Freddy's.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top