JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Local Clergymen and community activists have united together to condemn Boston's police for asking the city to give them rifles, and better body armor.

Many labeled the request as being racist, and called it a "step in the wrong direction".

Civic leaders slam police unions over push for long guns - The Boston Globe

150708_WALKER_homefront_4985x.jpg

Boston Globe said:
In the letter, union leaders said that peace marches and other community outreach initiatives are good for starting conversations about ending violence, but would not prevent an officer from being shot with a high-powered weapon.

They shouldn't have a need for all that evil stuff since the MA AG's ruling last month.

Ray

PS. LEO's shouldn't have anything that the proles aren't allowed to own.

Local Clergymen and community activists have united together to condemn Boston's police for asking the city to give them rifles, and better body armor.

Many labeled the request as being racist, and called it a "step in the wrong direction".

Civic leaders slam police unions over push for long guns - The Boston Globe

View attachment 306643

It's only racist because they blamed the anointed one for
fann[ing] the flames of Police hatred.
How dare they......
Remarks about the president seemed uncalled for and inaccurate," Rivers said. "It was what we don't need.

Ray

How arrogant:

"We have a superior sense of what is most effective in our communities for reducing crime and promoting good will," the response issued by the community leaders said. "Simply giving boys more toys is not an effective public safety strategy."

Firearms have come a long way from flintlocks and round ball.
I can understand why law enforcement would want more or better firearms and armor.

That being said , I have been places where it was hard to tell the difference between the police and military. I do not want to be like that here in America.
I also agree that what is available to law enforcement should be available to a private citizen.

Maybe a way around someone's concern over misuse of equipment is to make sure law enforcement is well trained in its use and a lack of "Us versus Them" attitude.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top