JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"It was established after Amazon, Craigslist, and eBay stopped selling guns online"

Joe, I really think you post these so we can constantly reminded of the day to day manipulation the media does.

Here is the reporter's email. You might want to tell him about that time in history that Amazon sold guns online

[email protected]

Joe, I really think you post these so we can constantly reminded of the day to day manipulation the media does.

Absolutely! People should be aware of how we and our guns being portrayed in the media.

My email (Im turning into a cranky old man)

"It was established after Amazon, Craigslist, and eBay stopped selling guns online"

Really? Amazon sold guns? Actual firearms? They had set up a system where the purchaser put in the appropriate FFL address were the firearm would be shipped so the purchaser could undergo their background check before receiving their firearm? They double checked your state of purchase to make sure state specific firearm restrictions were ensured? I dont ever remember seeing a list of supported FFL's in my checkout box. Was that before or after they started selling books?

no.png

Here is the reporter's email. You might want to tell him about that time in history that Amazon sold guns online

[email protected]
Email sent:

Your article in the Globe concerning a lawsuit against Armslist by a Boston police officer failed to mention that all on-line firearms sales are required to go through a licensed local dealer, where a background check is always required. The person who facilitated the acquisition of the firearm the police officer was shot with was already breaking several laws, such as the prohibition against straw purchases, removal of serial numbers, and transfers to a felon. None of that was detailed in your article and it leaves your readers with an inaccurate impression of the actual situation. Further, promoting lawsuit hyperbole as fact serves the best interests of no one.

Isn't Armslist like Gunbroker ?

So the people that woman bought guns from just shipped them to her house?
30 - 63 guns ? ( which is it )
Who does that ? Unless you have an FFL

It sounds like this guy is just trying to find someone with deep pockets and is grasping at straws.:)

With a Brady bunch lawyer (and probably Bloomberg funding), I'd say that anti-gun cop did find himself a sugar daddy. He just needs to keep doing his trained monkey dance to keep getting paid.

Ray

I couldn't finish the story. Seems like after decades the media would bother to read the actual laws they cried we need, to save the children. I didn't get far enough to read what happened to the shooter. It didn't seem important enough to be a big part of the subject of responsibility. All the talk about online gun shopping got in the way.

No mention of the sellers being in trouble with the law.
So logic would dictate that they were transferred legally through an FFL.
But so much is missing from that article it's hard to tell what's going on.
Other than.. She bought guns, removed serial #'s and sold the gun to a felon who then shot a cop during the commission of a crime and it's Armslist's fault. :confused:

I'm not a lawyer but it would seem that whatever happens to that firearm after she took possession of it is all on her.

Armslist, Gunbroker or Buds. All firearms that are bought still have to be transferred through an FFL.
They could be shipped to her house IF she has an FFL.
If that is the case then it's still all on her.

Hope that cop likes paying their attorney fees. I'm sure Armslist doesn't keep Ambulance chasers on retainer.

It appears that "backing" is targeting anything and everything firearm related. Someone gets shot? Go after everyone associated with firarms - and use "the first Amendment" and "freedom of the prees" as your shield. Get twisted, and borderline false, information out to the masses and watch the frenzy. No one would ever dare to question, or go after those rights! :rolleyes:

The masses are becoming more and more puppets. :(

IMHO.....

There was sooooo much that the article didn't report. YES, they could have done a better job. An intentional omission or just trying to sway public opinion to the LEFT?

Rrrright......just another example of, Investigative Reporting by the News Media or.....

ministry-of-propaganda.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads