JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ARPC just got lights in a couple N range bays. Unsure what the regs are. Re; "weirdos in Salem"...well it IS the state legislature there...

Nice!

Miss shooting at ARPC.

Very relaxed, yet sensible & safe range rules.

Used to practice night vision on the main rifle range, in the winter, and pistol mounted lights in pistol bays. Would also set up portable LED flood lights for regular pistol some times in a bay. They also had coin/quarter operated lights in a few bays as well. IIRC.

Warning: if night vision is still an OK on the main range, saw a freaking HUGE mountain lion crossing out by the 200'yd line one of our last trips. Makes sense as deer would come down commonly at dusk. So use caution there & likely also at the far end mixed use "bay".

No outdoor range down here allows non-Leo use after legal sunset.

Sigh...

Warning: if night vision is still an OK on the main range, saw a freaking HUGE mountain lion crossing out by the 200'yd line one of our last trips.

Wow.

Last time I was there a family of Nutria gathered just in front of the 50 yard markers. The little bastards just sat there watching people shoot, completely unfazed as bullets whizzed over their heads. Never seen any large predators though, that's really something..

Hello and welcome. Lots of great folks here. Hope you find what you're looking for. I'm not much help for what you're looking for in Salem. But if you want a really awesome place to eat, especially breakfast, check out Word of Mouth Bistro. FANTASTIC food!! Be prepared for a LONG wait on the weekends.

saw a freaking HUGE mountain lion crossing out by the 200'yd line one of our last trips.

couple months ago, middle of the day, Bay 7, had target just at the rear upslope, set for 22 paper.....after 1st rifle string, was focusing a new scope on 2nd 22, and in walked TWO deer, sniffing my target and looking around....

John,

Sorry to hear that. I was born & raised in Salem, and quite frankly the place is a cultural desert.

As for hunting, Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife has created as many barriers to hunting as they possibly can, and then every once in a while we see news reports that ODFW is lamenting the fact that fewer and fewer people are hunting!

Although I am native son of this state, I have grown to despise it, and all its uber-liberal nut jobs.

John,

Sorry to hear that. I was born & raised in Salem, and quite frankly the place is a cultural desert.

As for hunting, Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife has created as many barriers to hunting as they possibly can, and then every once in a while we see news reports that ODFW is lamenting the fact that fewer and fewer people are hunting!

Although I am native son of this state, I have grown to despise it, and all its uber-liberal nut jobs.
I've been going through the hunting guides today. Can they make it any more complicated?

Welcome to NWFA. I don't travel to Salem often, but when I do, most certainly not bored as we party pretty hard there. No idea on a churches or places to hunt up that way, but good luck on your search. I'm sure someone can help. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top