JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the first time, I recently bought some "Bore Swabs". Never thought I'd need such a thing as long as I had cleaning rods, tips, and an endless supply of patches.

Enter RamRodz, bore and barrel swabs. They are purchased by caliber, and they fit the bore and rifling very snugly, doing a better job than any patches I've ever used in applying oil, cleaners, and mopping up the residue after bore brushing. With an 8" length, they fit most handgun barrel lengths.

They are roughly a dime apiece thru Amazon, and closer to a nickel each at other places, so they're a bit more expensive than the old way, but their efficiency has made their cost very worth while. :mrgreen:

51_Yrr92_PY3_L.jpg

I like it, thanks. They're now on the radar.
I buy the longer pipe cleaners for crafts and find them a bargain as well as more useful.

Check out swab-its. Similar but can be cleaned and reused. They make caliber specific swabs as well as star chamber swabs and little skinny guys like a q tip.

They have several listings on Amazon with different pack sizes etc. I ended up grabbing a couple of bags due to calibre crossover coverage, and, well, i agree with *everything* @WAYNO said.

At the dollar store there's all kinds of facial cleaner pads of different sizes and thicknesses.. along with different "lady products" that will fit everything from a .45 to a 4-bore.

Certaindeaf, yes, i get cotton bud stick thingies from there. However, i will say, despite thinking otherwise, that these products are far superior, less messing, more cleaning.

I'll have to give those a try, I've always been a cheap azz when it comes to cleaning supplies, funny considering the price of some of the things being cleaned. I'll have to change that by trying these!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top